Thread: So How Can We Get More Community Members?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So How Can We Get More Community Members?

Anyone have any ideas?

I open to any good suggestions

Regards,

Lee

IntelligentWebs
    Why do you want more?

Seems like you have a thriving community of gay webmasters here...

Maybe we dont post every day, but the threads get read...

Im surprised I didnt find GWW sooner - almost everyone I know from other boards that are friends of both myself and dorothy seem to be posting here too ;-)

Do you want 1000s of idiotic posts daily - Id rather have the volume you have right now, with the intelligence that comes with it...!!

Much more valuable and a much better resource - IMHO

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by IntelligentWebs

Do you want 1000s of idiotic posts daily - Id rather have the volume you have right now, with the intelligence that comes with it...!!

Much more valuable and a much better resource - IMHO
    You're 100 percent correct, IntelligentWebs. As the owner of GWW I prefer what we do have now. I've enjoyed this place since the day it went live in 1998. And, I relish the fact the we do not have "the 1000's of drive by idoiotic posts". It's something I've tried to avoid for years - I've even been accused of censoring some for the sake of keeping the forums free of the drive by bull...

But I would love to see us grow... there are a lot of professionals, gay and straight, working this market. Actually, many of them read what our community has to say, use the resources and do not join in on the conversations, debates, etc. I would love to see more of these webmasters join us and share their experiences as well. I think it can only broaden our horizons professionally and personally.

I'm not up for gimmicks and tricks that typically bring in the fodder. That I can safely say we don't want here. But it would be nice to look at incentives that offer our community more.

My two cents

Gary-Alan

most of the boards around have a high hostility level that one could easily live without - which is why i like it here and one other board for relaxation.

perhaps you could invite a few people from programs or content providers. or ask people to put your board in their sig somewhere for a day and give a prize to the board member who sends the most new board members. trade members with other boards? write an article about networking at webmaster boards and have xbiz or ynot or someone post it - with a link to this board?

Originally posted by basschick
    trade members with other boards?
    I like that idea a lot

Regards,

Lee

Basschick is right -- the best "free" way to get your name out there is by doing an article and allowing various sites to post it with full author and site credits. I'm sure if you think on it a bit, you can come up with quite a few resource sites that would spring the bandwidth for the reprint rights to one of your pieces.

Also, given the quality of your writing and articles, it's not unrealistic for me to suggest you consider doing a syndicated article that is setup with a feed. WEbmasters add the feed link, and automatically get new articles from you -- could be a weekly, or monthly type thing.

Originally posted by LdyLnWolf1
    Also, given the quality of your writing and articles, it's not unrealistic for me to suggest you consider doing a syndicated article that is setup with a feed. WEbmasters add the feed link, and automatically get new articles from you -- could be a weekly, or monthly type thing.
    Hehe as it happens

We are currently in the process of setting up an article syndication site

Thank you for the kind words too Bec

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    The new board is BANGIN! It seems to be growing quit well with what you're doing now... let it grow organically! It's kind of nice being able to get to know the members personalities.