Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashamed to admit...

Xstr8guy

Ashamed to admit...

:embarrase I have no idea how to install scripts on my servers. I have virtual accounts with Oxeo and Candid... can I install TGP scripts and other scripts(like ad rotaters) myself or do I need an admin to do that for me? :embarrase

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You should be able to install them yourself babe.

Youll need to know a few things first though..

1) Server paths to cgi-bin (for perl scripts)
    2) Server paths to sub directories and the likes (much the same as the path to perl)
    3) What version of php / perl you are running (your host can tell you this)

Other than that, it is pretty straight forward to setup new scripts especially TGP type scripts as most will have some sort of installation process to guide you through the process.

If you ever get stuck though, the answers will only be a post away

Regards,

Lee

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Depends on your host, Xstr8guy. Most of the virtual hosting I've done I could install scripts myself.

This is a 'check with your host' kind of response. I don't see why you couldn't do it on Candid. I'm not too familiar with Oxeo.

Regards,
    Gary-Alan

Jason
    you're ashamed to admit that?? i wasn't even sure what language you were speaking....never been on the tech side of the industry though. i'm also not a big one for shame (that's gotten me in trouble!) but what i am embarrassed to admitt is that i don't know how to "bump" a thread...what's that about?

Xstr8guy
    Thanks Lee!

Well I do have cgi-bin in my domain folders and they are running PHP4 on the virtual servers... now... do you have a good TGP script that you can recommend... free is nice, but not required.

LOL

Free scripts... hmmm to be honest i dont really use free scripts myself i do however think that Bec has a handy list of TGP script urls floating around somewhere

We use http://www.jmbsoft.com (AutoGallery SQL) on www.cumsoda.com if that is any help to you

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    i wasn't even sure what language you were speaking
    ::

Xstr8guy
    http://www.cumsoda.com/
    That's exactly what I was looking for... going to check out the script!

Xstr8guy
    Does AutoGallery function as a link list as well?

Honestly dont know babe LOL

Only ever used it for TGP stuff myself

Hmm although thinking about it... Gary.... What do you use on Gay Linxxx?

Regards,

Lee

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Lee
    Honestly dont know babe LOL

Only ever used it for TGP stuff myself

Hmm although thinking about it... Gary.... What do you use on Gay Linxxx?

Regards,

Lee
    Lee and X - we're using Power Seek from Focal Media It's the same program we're using for GWW, but an older version (haven't had time to upgrade that site yet).

GA

I understand the feeling 'embarassed' - but realistically we all can't be all things, at all times, when it comes to internet business. I am right up there with you in being at the bottom of the learning curve when it comes to scripts and programming. I'm learning some of the lingo, did figure out how to chmod a file ...but beyond that, it's greek to me!

And from what I saw of the free tgp scripts ... wait til u can afford it and go get that autogallery sql one. You're going to want a lot of the control features that the free scripts just don't provide.

Xstr8guy
    I'm installing the free version for now... it's really just for a fake TGP (my sites and sponsor galleries). I can afford the other versions, but I'm just checking it out.

Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    I'm installing the free version for now... it's really just for a fake TGP (my sites and sponsor galleries). I can afford the other versions, but I'm just checking it out.
    Ah well why didnt you say so LOL

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/freebies/faketgp.zip

Download that and have a play with it, all ya need to do is change the link codes to the sponsor hosted galleries to your own affiliate id and upload the script files and change the template

Run doit.php in your browser once the template has been saved and you should be all set

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    having problems... the init.cgi can't find my .htaccess... GOD I SOUND LIKE A GEEK NOW!