Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: passion... TOP 10

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by BDBionic
    Should I be worried that I've thought a couple times about what my answer in this thread would be and haven't yet been able to come up with anything conclusive?
    I'm having the same problem, dude.

BDBionic
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    I'm having the same problem, dude.
    hehe it's like i definitely know there's stuff i'm passionate about but describing it and pegging em down and what not. i'm drawin up blanks

hehe it's like i definitely know there's stuff i'm passionate about but describing it and pegging em down and what not. i'm drawin up blanks
    So far I've nailed down one here in this thread... The other I've written ARE passions but at the same time I'm finding more LOL And I'm finding that those I thought were my true passions aren't.

It's just too cool!

So tell us what you THOUGHT your passions were ... and why you decided they aren't .. maybe that will help you focus on where the truth lies about what you really are passionate about.

Bell
    Originally posted by ozmalegalleries
    I've got it bell, it was probably an agapanthus.

See Pic:

Cheers,

Allan
    nope... that's not the one...
    but those are lovely...

~Bell

Dawgy
    im sure you peg down your passions at least a few times a week :goof:

Bell
    Originally posted by Dawgy
    im sure you peg down your passions at least a few times a week :goof:

:goof: :goof: :goof:
    just WHAT are you referring to dawgy ???
    :goof: :goof: :goof:

~Bell

Ok here are the passions of my life. I kept adding and changing this but after a day or two of just looking at it I realized the first 4 I wrote truly are my passions…

My Family and Friends, these two words are almost interchangeable for me. When someone is my friend they become my family. And if you’re my family there is very little I will not do to protect and cherish. And as Lee and Bell said, fuck with one of mine and you’re in more trouble than you can imagine. I will open heaven or raise hell for these people, as some of you already know.

Plants - while I don’t have as much time as I’d like for this, I love potting and planting things. It’s one of those hobbies that can take me away from myself for a moment, connects my nature to nature. I simply love going to the local home store and finding these crappy little clippings that everyone else avoids – I bring them home and in a few weeks they are full and happy. I have an aloe plant that the store clerk threw into my bag because he thought it was a piece of dead twig now it’s four feet wide. I actually avoided this for a ling time, but growing up with my parents, you just learn it without trying. I’m looking forward to fencing in our property and start planning a proper garden.

My spirituality… I’m not sure if this is the right word or not. I’m an extremely spiritual person and teach many people about it. This isn’t a religion, but a way of life; and, extremely important to me.

Holistics – this is actually the one field I found my calling. For years I looked not only at medicine as a way to health but home remedies and the frame of mind of a person. This is actually what I did my two degrees in. And, one day I will finish my thesis to complete my PhD in Holistic Psychology (should have been completed 6 months ago). This also ties in closely to my spirituality.

So there you go! My official list

GA

AusCoding Allan
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    I’m looking forward to fencing in our property and start planning a proper garden.
    When you're ready, let me know, I am happy to help in any way that I can even from a distance

Cheers,

Allan - Your Resident Horticulturalist

Originally posted by ozmalegalleries
    When you're ready, let me know, I am happy to help in any way that I can even from a distance

Cheers,

Allan - Your Resident Horticulturalist
    Oh believe me buddy... Since you answered my pothos question, you will be consulted LOL Get ready... Floridan climate (actually Subtropocial) I'll get a zone for you when I'm closer LOL

Gary-Alan

AusCoding Allan
    No shortage of info here, and you should see my library, one full bookcase and still going

Oh and Bell, was it Ceanothus

Cheers,

Allan

Sana Chan
    Passions are very important to have in my opinion.

Here's mine.

1. Prince: I've loved his music since I was a preteen.
    2. Reading: I'm a bookaholic
    3. Computers
    4. Daydream: I agree with George Carlin, everyone needs at least 3 hours of daydreaming a day.
    5. School: I love to learn.

Bell
    Originally posted by Cash
    My passions are the internet, travelling abroad, history, foreign languages (as I speak 5 other) and sex, of course Sometimes, politics as well

hey... thanks for sharing...
    I see that you are a fairly recent member here and if I haven't
    already welcomed you in (elsewhere) - WELCOME...

what languages do you speak ??
    did you learn each one for a specific reason ??
    what other languages (if any) do you want to learn ??

~Bell

Bell
    Originally posted by DigitalJay
    My site is messed up too, luckily the library here has a HUGE sci-fi/fantasy/horror section in Large Print. You should check that out, the books are bigger, but much easier to read. By the way, I loved your Liberty kissing Justice Avatar.

years and years ago - I loved going to the Library at least
    twice a week... since computers came into my life though
    I have rarely been in a library... sometimes months and months
    go by before I go - and then - only to VOTE... (smile...)

I actually hate to touch books that lots of others have touched..
    ever since someone mentioned to me a few years back that if you
    read in the bubble bath... possibly others do to... and your
    bath tub is IN your BATHROOM... as is THEIRS... so no telling
    how many bathrooms that book you are touching has been in...
    ever since that - I don't think I have ever checked out a book...

~Bell

Bell
    Originally posted by totemack
    Music, that is my passion, and my family of course! :baby:

thanks for sharing

what sort of music ??

~Bell