Thread: Google + Spam Listings

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Sad Google + Spam Listings

Is it just me or does it seem like more and more of the listings in Google are nothing but pure spam?

I seem to spend half as much time wading through spam listings now that go to an FPA to find what i am looking for than what i used to and most of the results, if not all of them for the first 5-6 pages for adult search terms are nothingbut pure spam going to sites that have NOTHING to do with the search term used originally

Regards,

Lee

DigitalJay
    yep..
    Last edited by DigitalJay; 02-16-2004 at 04:46 PM.

keep an eye on google, they are gearing up for a major update this week sometime, it has a lot to do with inbound relative links! they are hoping to get rid of loads of spam that way.

cheers,

Luke

BDBionic
    Update's been goin back and forth for a couple of days now. There does seem to be a lot of action with backlinks at the moment. It'll be interesting to see where things sit come monday. 8)

Originally posted by BDBionic
    ...There does seem to be a lot of action with backlinks at the moment...
    exactly, apparantly google is gearing up for a huge reindexing based on backlinks and they have started it out last week by adjusting the number of backlinks listed which tells me that the big reindexing is coming soon!

Cheers,

Luke

they have started it out last week by adjusting the number of backlinks listed ...

What does that mean exactly? Not sure I'm following the conversation here.

BDBionic
    "backlinks" are the links on pages other than yours that lead to your site.
    Google has a record of links that are directed to your site. They've been adjusting those numbers as of late. Essentially the list of links leading back to yours that Google has on record has been changing. Updating. Even sometimes reverting to the backlink list from months ago to a more recent version to an older one again and then again to something more recent and up to date.
    So the assumption is that all the activity with Google's backlink records means an adjustment to their index based on the backlinks.

Ok -- I was pretty sure that was what was meant ... but wasn't sure! Appreciate your clarifying!