Thread: My partner is going to be a webmaster, too!

Xstr8guy1

My partner is going to be a webmaster, too!

Any pitfalls to avoid?
    I'm gonna set him up with a separate computer, domains and hosting, but we will be sharing the content (at least to start), and DSL. 95% of my content is from Ounique and the license allows use on unlimited domains, so I should be ok, right?
    Is it ok for him to sign up for sponsor programs with my referer code or will the sponsors freak out on me?

GaryAlan and Lee... I know you will have some advice!

btw... I'm looking for a new laptop, too. Any advice on that? The new Centrino system from Intel looks good.

Lee1
    Quote:I'm gonna set him up with a separate computer, domains and hosting

Stay on the SAME hosting just ask your hosting provider to supply two seperate sets of log in details which can access seperate domains... itll be easier in the long run as you will only have to worry about the one sever account, trust me on this Gary and I used to forget one of our accounts every month without fail

Quote:but we will be sharing the content (at least to start), and DSL. 95% of my content is from Ounique and the license allows use on unlimited domains, so I should be ok, right?

I dont see that there is any reason you shouldnt be allowed to do that however, drop Don an email and i am sure he will be able to clear that up for you You might have to have the domains registered to your company or the name the license was issued in other than that, i dont forsee there being any problems but, its always good to check at your provider first, Dons a good guy and i am sure he will see you straight as it were LOL

Quote:Is it ok for him to sign up for sponsor programs with my referer code or will the sponsors freak out on me?

Good question - again i would email the sponsors PRIOR to having him sign up with them and ask them to clarify the situation for you also, why not have him sign up to different sponsors than what you use? That way you have sites being built across multiple sponsors so, if one of your current sponsos goes bust, you still have another to fall back on

Quote:btw... I'm looking for a new laptop, too. Any advice on that? The new Centrino system from Intel looks good.

I work purely off a laptop and love it

I have the European Sony Vaio and i dont htink i could ever go back to any other brand although, the prices for Sony machines in the States are nearly double what i paid back in England

Thats pretty much my advice for ya ATM but im sure the Hubby will have some info for ya too when he wakes up in a few hours

Congrats on getting your partner to become a webmaster too now get him registered on GWW and posting

Regards,

Lee

chilihost1
    One suggestion is to get your new domain name set up on a different IP address (on the same hosting account), this may cost a couple of dollars extra per month but it will stop you from getting banned on TGP/AVS/linklist sites for breaking their multiple posting rules.

For content, Lee has good advice.

I also work 99% off my laptop and love it. I own a Dell Latitude and highly recommend their products for great price, fantastic customer support and very high quality.

I think the one pitfall that has not been mentioned is that both of you will need your own physical space. My partner started working with me for a while and the biggest obstacle was both of us working in the same home-office. I could not get anything done cuz he was always interrupting me, getting in my way and disorganising my "file system". It drove me mad and I had to eventually just take my laptop with a very long network cord and sit in the dining room.

Perhaps that brings up another point - wireless networks are brilliant for home-offices, get one of those right away if you can afford it.

Good luck with it!

Luke

cheap adult hosting

cheap adult content

Xstr8guy1
    Thanks Lee and Chili!
    Sounds like all great advice.