Thread: what do YOU buy online?

what do YOU buy online?

what products do you buy online? thinking about this may help figure out some good niches to market.

i buy toothbrushes, smaller bass accessories, books, computers and computer pieces, and almost all my photo and video equipment online.

how about you?

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    You know that is an excellent point, basschick.

I have my degrees in Holistics and I often look for items like books, plant seeds, or specific herbal products. I realized while I was searching for some of these things that some types of health/nutrion products (and not sexual enhancers LOL) that I go out of my way to get here in Florida aren't readily found online.

I thought if this is something I would go out of my way to get, and I know others do too, then it's a good idea to bring them online. After talking to the manufacturer they will be the base line for one of our upcoming mainstream product sites

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Well, I'm admittedly a bit of an Amazon junkie.

Primarily books, DVDs, video games, electronic gadgets, small gifts from 1800flowers.

I've also been known to buy, ahem, personal care items I wouldn't want a cashier passing over a bar scanner. Yeah I know, I'm bashful.

I'm huge on price comparing expensive stuff. I recon there's some money in combining affiliate programs into a Pricegrabber-type service?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMaleVideos
    I'm huge on price comparing expensive stuff. I recon there's some money in combining affiliate programs into a Pricegrabber-type service?
    Id have to agree with you on that, you only have to watch some of the commercials on television for big ticket items such as car insurance, vacations, etc etc to see that comparison shopping is a huge market.

I wonder how complex it would be to setup something similar to the Progressive ticker that displays various prices for different everyday products? I bet we could make a killing using that type of thing on an affiliate program :groovy:

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i guess the question is ..."what don't i buy online!"...

sincerely ~ ..."let your fingers do the walking!"... :goof:

BDBionic
    Yeah I'm a big book-buyer online. Though I tend to buy through BarnesAndNoble.com more than Amazon. Last 2 weeks, for instance, I've bought 8 books from BarnesAndNoble and 1 from Amazon (that I couldn't find on BaN) and read 6 of em already so ordered 2 more from BaN so that they're here by the time I'm finished reading the others.

I've been reading a lot about microbiology, epidimiology and virology as of late so that's where the book binge has come from.

Computer parts I buy online alot. Cards and upgrades and sometimes software, as well. CDs. DVDs (ColumbiaHouse). Even some furniture.

And for most stuff I don't buy online per se, I'll shop for online. Which is to say I'll research pricing, availability and other product information before going to a brick and mortar establishment to buy.

If I had money several years ago the bubble would never have burst. teehee.

robin
    Hmmm mainly software and books that I can't get locally or if theres a better deal.

Hahaha! And buying hosting, domains and advertising -- those are really my main online purchases.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    You know... something hit me while reading this thread...

It's not just what I buy that helped me decide one of our mainstream avenues, but what I research. I've spent a lot of time reviewing home sales in our area and the tax assessment site to review my ever changing property taxes.

It started with looking for the owner of record of a house on our street that has been empty for some time. I thought I'd contact the person and see if they wanted to sell it. It was the time I used working through these sites that took me to the states requirements to sell real estate, mortgages, etc. on-line.

While I put a lot of stake in using your own purchasing as a method of determining a product... what are you researching that may point you in a new direction, too?

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

I buy a good deal of my computer system components online as well as the following at some time or other:

Ebay:
    Fancy faucets for the kitchen and bathroom
    software - including compilations of say 200 java scripts, or 4000 royalty free pics type items
    digital camera
    computer parts and computer sound systems
    VCR
    porcelain tiles handpainted for a wall splash
    a few collectibles

Amazon:
    Books
    Audio Books
    Music CD's

Domain Registrations
    Site and Design Content
    Hosting
    Business Cards
    Flowers

One board group I use is pretty tightly knit and when a member has a family death we usually order a Tree Memorial planting in their memory - all done online for the recipient. We've also done the Name a Star registry on occasion.

I often use the internet to research an item I'm interested in, then hit a store to see it up close and personal and get retail prices ... then usually come back to the net and look to see if I can get it cheaper.

Corey Bryant
    Pretty much everything - with the exception of groceries. I'll buy most of my clothes online (since I work from home, very easy to dress ). I am usually always prepared, so I can afford the time for the shipping.

I just signed up last week on the Blockbuster online, and it has been great so far.

As far as clients, they sell a bit of everything. I will say this, one client sell cat furniture. And he is actually in our top twenty I would say. I do not know what is marketing is or anything, but he is very busy. So that might be one thing.