Thread: Traffic Generation Question

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Traffic Generation Question

Just wondering what traffic building tools non adult gay webmasters use to promote their sites...

Of course in the adult world there are a whole barrel full of tools and programs to build traffic, tgp's, mgp's, pic posts, news groups, links, web rings, top lists, free hosted galleries, newsletters, and all kinds of guerilla marketing, etc, etc, etc..

What is there for the mainstream gay sites to use? Of course there is always link building, web rings, some groups, but what other tools would you use to build traffic to a new site?

do many gay non adult sites simply concentrate on branding as a means of building traffic? PPC ads? Banners?

I also note that i don't see the use of affiliate linking much among the non adult gay sites market...

What do you use to promote your site?

robin
    Well for my gay dating site I use and have used:

PPC, SE & Directories, blogging, newsletters, press releases, word of mouth, giving my card at parties, mentions in newspapers, radio and chat lines, articles and tips on other sites to a very limited degree, etc... Any way and every way really...

As for affiliate programs -- well I use them extensively as thats what pays the bills.

misty3k
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr
    I also note that i don't see the use of affiliate linking much among the non adult gay sites market...
    Mainstream works with just about any kind of traffic you can think of...I'm not exactly sure I understand what it is that you don't see the use of? If you have gay traffic, you can use dating site affiliates and the same traffic other mainstream webmasters use.

Am I misunderstanding your query?

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misty3k
    Mainstream works with just about any kind of traffic you can think of...I'm not exactly sure I understand what it is that you don't see the use of? If you have gay traffic, you can use dating site affiliates and the same traffic other mainstream webmasters use.

Am I misunderstanding your query?
    maybe i'm confused.. I don't see small gay shops establishing their own affiliate programs and promoting it like adult sites do. Even some big ones don't seem to use affiliates as a marketing tool ..

or am i missing a whole network of marketing sites that i'm just not aware of?

robin
    I agree; there's not enough "mainstream" type gay sites out there that have an affiliate program. They're certainly missing out on a great marketing tool.

Twoface31
    hi tombarr, if you want to discuss about traffic just feel free to hit me up or email me

Email: xxxcreativesource@yahoo.com

Thank you!!!!

Can I spank someone? badboysfilms's Avatar

It is so hard to know

I have tried and tried to work with paying ads and never get a dime from any my best is working with other sites and doing as much SEO work as possible. Most sites that want money for users are to me a waist. Blogging and link exchanges are the best
    BadBoysFilms