Thread: $215 million up for grabs!

Jason

$215 million up for grabs!

Ok, so the Michigan Mega-Millions Jackpot for the drawing tomorrow is $215 million. I bought a few tickets. Normally, I'm not to big on lottery, but occasionally I'm compelled. So I'm thinking...what would I do...

I would take the lump sum...which would amount to just over $60 million after taxes (tax on that would be about 48% right?).

So if I suddenly had $60 mill at my disposal, the first thing I would do is go home, call my family together (parents and 3 sisters) go shopping and buy my dad and I new tuxedos and my mom and sisters each new dresses, jewelry etc....then we'd all go out to the most expensive dinner any of us has ever had.

After that I'd start to divy up who gets how much. I'd pay off all my debts, leave a few million with my folks and go away on an extended vacation.

....actually, the very very first thing I'd do when I found out would probably be to piss my pants...but then after that...

So...what would you do if you won the lottery?

Jasun
    Secretly hire hitmen to take out all the people what done me wrong in high school.

(I'm kidding... no actual doing in... maybe a knee cap or two. Three tops.)

I'd buy a big garage in Venice Beach that I could live in and sleep next to my fleet of motorcycles. I'd buy a small place in SF... probably a warehouse and convert it. I'd buy the entire Ducati Line. I'd hire that hunk-o-hunk-o burnin' love from Monster Garage to custom make me a Chopper with an Industrial theme. I'd pay him extra to work on it while naked.

I'd learn to drive a car and buy one.

I'd probably look after my family, making sure that my aging parents would never need anything. But they wouldn't get my new address.

I'd fund a huge program for gay and lesbian teenagers in rural areas.

I'd take a year off and follow Judas Priest on tour.

I'd hire a drop dead gorgeous personal trainer, and make him act like a drill sergent, forcing me to work out constantly. And maybe call me a few names.

I'm getting carried away.

Oh, and maybe donate some money to whomever is running against Bush in the next election.

buy a house, my son a condo, pay off my mom's condo. i'd have money to my mom for that as soon as i had it in my hands and i'd be looking for my son's condo and the house the day i had the bling :-)

pay for my daughter to move, buy my fiance his new mountain bike, and buy a recent used chevy blazer or maybe new.

pay off all our debts. buy new furniture, refrigerators, etc. buy a 4x10 bass cab (i blew out my 2x10 that goes over my 18"), a stand up bass, get my fiance another guitar head, and take a week off to figure out what i wanted to do with my life.

then i'd spend the night going "oh, my god!"

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    First, I would contact my accoutant and find out the best way to collect it. Do I take it all myself and break it up, or bring everyone I would be giving money to with me as joint winners. LOL (The Wall Street guy is still lives inside of my head)

But if it were just me collecting...

First I'd pay off all of our debts.

While Lee and I are out shopping...

I'd go to my parents and ask them if they had $250k each to just spend on themselves what would they buy... Then go buy it for them. Do the same thing with Lee's parents.
    They can do whatever they'd like with the rest we'd give them.

Set my nieces, nephew and Lee's niece up with trust funds.

Give our siblings a 'bag o money' each. (amounts would vary HAHAHAHA)

Then plan and take a trip around the world for a few months.

When we get home, go back to work cause Lee would have spent the rest shopping around the world LOL

It's a nice dream... but for now it's back to work for me Thanks Jason! I needed that diversion LOL

My best,
    GA

Originally posted by Jasun
    Secretly hire hitmen to take out all the people what done me wrong in high school.

(I'm kidding... no actual doing in... maybe a knee cap or two. Three tops.)
    Are you from my old neighborhood? I read that and thought, "He has to be from NJ."

LMAOPIP

wsjb78
    I dunno...

I probably would just take it, and not let anyone know. I'd be pleased to be financially secured and go on with my life as of know. I just tend to think it's a lot better if people don't know that you have that much money.

Jason
    That would be great, except for the fact that part of the terms for accepting the winnings is that they can use your name and image in any advertising and press statements. And believe me, when someone wins a record jackpot, people know about it...whether you want them to or not.

wsjb78
    If I'd win I'd move to another country

Originally posted by Jasun
    I'd hire a drop dead gorgeous personal trainer, and make him act like a drill sergent, forcing me to work out constantly. And maybe call me a few names.
    I love this idea! I bet you could get some "don't ask don't tell" drill sergents to act as personal trainers for you too :army:

I think with $60 mil I would buy a small pacific country and become their king, nothing suss

cheers,

Luke

She Devil
    if I had 250 mil?... um... I'd be rich!

I'd probably pay for everyone that I know in the industry to come to TheLegacy's and mine wedding, and we could all have steak (mmmmmmmmmmmm... steak) and then I could actually go on a honey moon (not like now :crybaby: ) and then I'd invest it and buy a house. :groovy:

Ah, the ultimate fantasy - wealth beyond being just comfortable!

I think first I'd hire a limo, load it up with roses and have the driver show up where my wife works and tell her the good news and let her clean out her desk and off we'd go!

My mother's needs would be a priority of course. Siblings would get some too -- probably dif amounts but knowing me, I'd be fair and give em equal amounts.

Think I'd really be tempted to drive to where the main office is of the assholes who have my mortgage, pay it off ... and go back and torch the SOB place. ... just because I could. Or save the expense and just torch it anyway ...

There's a pretty good sized "extended family" that would reap the benefits of such a windfall as well.

I'd love my own island ... or a good chunk of one that had fun things to do. Someplace warm ... but not to excess. Or a big chunk of land surrounded by woods and a lake big enough to pleasure boat and fish, oh hell, maybe both!

Would do a little traveling ... have always wanted to see Australia. Maybe do a big RV trip and visit a bunch of my online friends here in the States.

Jason
    Well....I didn't win :crybaby:

Well, Jason, at least it was nice to think about it, right?

Now we know what we'll do when you DO win

My best,
    Gary-Alan

southernexposure
    Invest Half in Real Estate, Open a Night Club, Order a New Hum V and Take a Vacation. ( Oh and I'd pay off every debt I owe.) :groovy: