Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immitation is the best form of flattery

BDBionic

Immitation is the best form of flattery

take a peek at JuicyGoo.com

then have a look at WhoaBoy.com

notice any similarities? hehe I mean it's flattering to have copy I've written duplicated and copied word for word on another site but c'mon now. Can't people be a little more discrete?

Not to mention the attempts to copy so many other elements of it down to the pixel, from the model galleries to copy to wording and sponsors and etc. etc.

Yeesh.

BDBionic
    I actually dig his site. I like the colors and categories and his speedos section gallery is hot hot hot! So I'd have no problem beatin' off to it. Even trading recip links.

But alter the text at least so it ain't so obvious

Plus those sponsors I use are more than great. They all convert fantastically - AWOLMarines, CorbinFisher, CuriousCash and BlueLoot sites. So I'm stoked that the guys promoting them as I know the people at all those programs and am happy to see people sending them traffic. But at the very least, a less mirrored means of promoting them would be nice hehe.

I even handle licensing and distribution for a couple of the sponsors we both use so coulda provided some content to him quick and easy if he'd asked.

Where's the loooove?!

DigitalJay
    Fuck that shit BD! I know how much hard ass busting work you put into your sites; you paid your dues why shouldn't everyone else. It's nice that you can have such a positive attitude about stuff like this, but you still shouldn't put up with it for second.

cj.
    you should just steal the bits of his site you like and put them on your site :presley:

then wait till he contacts you ;-)))

BDBionic
    hehe actually I emailed him and he responded quickly and very politely and kindly so hopefully it'll all be sorted out right quick

Damn you're a lot more forgiving then I'd be.

site design is like content. You work and slave for it, it's yours and yours alone. Someone leaching your lifes work is shit.

Xstr8guy

Re: Immitation is the best form of flattery

Originally posted by BDBionic
    take a peek at JuicyGoo.com

then have a look at WhoaBoy.com
    Both links go to whoaboy

desslock
    I guess this cancels my plans for JuicySeamen.com

:goof: :playboy: :goof: :playboy:

fiddlesticks.....

BDBionic

Re: Re: Immitation is the best form of flattery

Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    Both links go to whoaboy
    oops!

http://www.juicygoo.com

haha

Direct Holly
    Damn I had better cancel my Whoa Juicy Boy.com site LOL

Takemytaco
    I was going to go with JuicyGoo.info

I guess I better cancel too.

BDBionic
    buncha comedians up in here!

desslock
    Brian

well golly gee wiz

what presicely does bust a nut mean?

I mean.... I know what filberts are...

so dazed and confused,
    Dess

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by cj.
    you should just steal the bits of his site you like and put them on your site :presley:

then wait till he contacts you ;-)))
    Hahaha

You know that might actually work too LOL

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    Originally posted by desslock
    Brian

well golly gee wiz

what presicely does bust a nut mean?

I mean.... I know what filberts are...

so dazed and confused,
    Dess

"bust a nut" means to have an orgasm!

for males, in particular.

It's a term I use that has carried over from my military/fraternity days hehe. It's a straight guy thing, me thinks. But what's great is I get tons and tons of emails from JuicyGoo visitors who say they've started to use that phrase in everyday convo and referring to having an orgasm as "busting a nut" has become second nature to them. "I'm so boned right now, dude. I'm gonna bust my nut soon!"

Other variations include:
    "get my nut" - "I'm gonna go back to her place, fool around, get my nut, then be like 'bitch, see ya!!!'"
    "nutting" - "You want me nutting all over your face, don't you?"

Another term I use a lot that apparently is a straight guy thing is "rub one out" (means to masturbate).

"I like to rub one out in the shower so I don't have to deal with the mess."

btw, check out http://www.juicygoo.com/simplog/index.php for the blog entry on how we came across an Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirt that features a squirrel busting his nuts. They ripped us off!