Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doing business with women

doing business with women

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...&threadid=1013
    this guy jhussher actually says to me on the second page of this thread "i hate doing business with women"

i'm shocked, actually. i know what i want - to buy gallery spots or ppc hits. when i didn't want what he offered - to wander his site and make a suggestion (this is not something that i have interest in doing) he blames it on my being a woman.

i wanted to let everyone here know who they may be doing business with. to me, trying to demean someone by pigeonholing them into a group is not what this board is about.

am i wrong?

Scorpio
    Hey you
    I understand you would be upset. Unfortunately, i can't say too much because i myself don't like to work with a certain group of people but i have good reasons for that. As far as your case goes, you're entitled to make decisions on what you want or not. I worked with you, so i can say it was a pleasure to work with a woman.
    :goof:

** thanks, scorp! you still drowning in work?

i actually do business with people who didn't know i was a female, and i do business with a couple people where i don't know what their gender is. money is money ;-)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by basschick
    money is money ;-)
    Indeed it is

Regards,

Lee

Scorpio
    BassChick, yep very drowning but that's good So much better than 1 year ago.
    I understand money is money but sometimes it's not worth getting money from someone because you know that at the end, you'll surely lose more.

i used to do small websites for non web people - omifuckinggod! they were THE worst! they changed their minds a thousand times, over and over, and it's not like they had a clue what surfers wanted to see or what made money.

i finally started charging them $5 - $25 for each change after the first five changes. it was in our agreement i made them sign before i started work. one guy was so awful i just kept his site and sent him back all his money.

i have to admit, it got so annoying i pulled my ads out of the local papers and stopped working for them entirely.

what a nightmare *shudder*

i used to do small websites for non web people - omifuckinggod! they were THE worst! they changed their minds a thousand times, over and over
    Haha sounds like me with one of our other designers right now... they are re-designing an existing site of ours and i kid you not, i must have seen close to 30 previews and each time ive asked for something to be changed LOL

Regards,

Lee

Scorpio
    OMG i wouldn't like you as client LOL
    Basschick, that was the same problem i got with a certain kind of webmasters located somewhere in Europe

Haha..

Thats the difference between doing paysite designs and other types of designs.. when it comes to paysites we only use designers who know what works

Regards,

Lee

Scorpio
    oooooohhhh i'll love you forever for that hehehe

Direct Holly

Re: doing business with women

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...&threadid=1013
    this guy jhussher actually says to me on the second page of this thread "i hate doing business with women"

i'm shocked, actually. i know what i want - to buy gallery spots or ppc hits. when i didn't want what he offered - to wander his site and make a suggestion (this is not something that i have interest in doing) he blames it on my being a woman.

i wanted to let everyone here know who they may be doing business with. to me, trying to demean someone by pigeonholing them into a group is not what this board is about.

am i wrong?
    No you are not wrong... And you should be upset and so should everyone on this board... that is no better then saying "I hate doing business with gays" or whatever.. He will loose in the end because I am not only a woman I am one with a big mouth who has no problem telling all the peeps I know not to do business with him and he also should apologize to you.... my two women cents....

Re: Re: doing business with women

Originally posted by Direct Holly
    I am one with a big mouth
    I dont no why hon but i just found that statement funny... sorry

oh and you dont have a big mouth.. you are 'vocal' there is a difference :groovy:

Regards,

Lee

Direct Holly
    LMAO --- I know why you thought that was funny...because you have a dirty mind....

Hahaha you know me too well i think

Regards,

Lee

Direct Holly - thanks. i feel a little better after reading you.

i was actually pretty surprised that no one else here has seen it this way. if he'd said he didn't like doing business with gay men or black people, i feel they'd be all over it. so i felt pretty sad that you can say that about women here, and no male person has a problem with it :-(

i'd have had a problem with it if someone said something like that to one of them...