Thread: Is the Web Broken?

Dzinerbear

Is the Web Broken?

Saturday's are usually pretty hopping in my parts ... I don't remember the last time I had a Saturday night with not a single sale, not one, not even a trial.

Did someone break the web last nite?

How was your Saturday night?

Dzinerbear

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Hey Dzinerbear!

Something was up with me, as well. While the Stud Money sites did their usual Saturday numbers overall, my secondary sponsors were slow.

May have been a big scrub day for some processors.

Personally, my Saturday sucked... cleaned the house and went food shopping. YUCK! LMAO

My best,
    GA

Dzinerbear
    What's a scrub day?

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    What's a scrub day?
    Well scrubbing is a credit card processors high level of scrutiny when processing charges made on the net. This falls under fraud prevention - and at times it can be very noticeable.

It's not that everyone buying online, on a specifc day, is a thief; or, that processors turn their security off and on at a whim. But there are days that sales just seem not to be there.

So in a case like this, I call it a scrub day - a day that the processors could be doing a lot of fraud prevention. It just one of many possible reasons for a slow sales day.

My best,
    GA

It could also be because both google and yahoo changed their results last week which would give surfers a different set of sites to chose from. Whenever s.e. do their reindexing I usually find that sales for the next week or so are bizarre...sometimes they are shit and sometimes they are brilliant!

cheers!

Luke

BDBionic
    Yeah I'd not be surprised it the Google/Yahoo index changes had at least some effect.
    Whereas you might not notice a traffic quantity change that would explain a sales drop, the quality and type of traffic could be totally different now than it was before, the SE index changes resulting in an entirely different type of surfer coming across your listings and finding their way to your site.
    Could also have something to do with it being an odd week? Which is to say that where this weekend fell on the calendar would have meant most company payment rotations would have meant a lot of people will have gotten their paychecks last week and will again next week, but not this week. That's always been something I've been curious about. How many of my weekend sales came on account of a paycheck having been deposited that Friday. One of those fun little statistics hehe.

southernexposure
    You guys are right.. Something is up... I made $40.00 on my GPP sites last period instead of the usual $20.00 I was very pleased...