View Poll Results: Which Payment Processor Do You Prefer?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beaver Pay

0 0%
  • CCBill

5 55.56%
  • Epoch

2 22.22%
  • iBill

0 0%
  • Jettis

0 0%
  • Paypal

0 0%
  • Other

2 22.22%

Thread: Which Payment Processors Do You Prefer?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Which Payment Processors Do You Prefer?

Just wondered out of all of the payment processors which one do you prefer using?

CCBill
    Epoch
    iBill
    Jettis
    Paypal
    Beaver Pay

Seems like there are a slew of processors all pretty much offering the same thing for both affiliate programs and webmasters so figured i would ask you guys which one you prefered and also, why?

Regards,

Lee

CCBill has been 100% quality to us, their support is amazing, their systems are easy and they genuinely care about all webmasters and affiliates. Plus they are 100% visa and mastercard complaint so I am confident these guys will be around in the long term.

cheers,

Luke

BDBionic
    CCBill and Epoch are the 2 I like and have full faith in both.

as an affiliate, i prefer ccbill because of the stats they provide us affiliates with - unsurpassed! as a site owner, i like epoch because we seem to do more sales with them, and also their support has been very nice for us, although ccbill's support is pretty good, too.

Maximillion
    dont have experience with all by ccbill has always been good to me

desslock
    Hey everyone:

As someone who uses affiliate programs extensively, I would like to point out a phenomenon that I encounter all the time with the adult affiliate programs:

You can refer a potential customer to the website, but the ONLY thing that they credit you for is if the signup for monthly recurring memberships.

For example - if I send someone to Live & Raw, I'll get credit for the membership, but not if they go rent a PPV Channel One movie. Same with Falcon - credit on the memberships, but what about if my referral wants to buy one of those uncensored platinum director's cuts (which are advertised and promoted all over their site)

Titan's site is like this too. Websites have *got* to consolidate all this. I use this as a major factor when I choose the programs I sign up for.

As an alternate view - on my non-adult sites, when I refer a customer to amazon.com -- they can buy books, dvd's, kitchenware, jewelry, sign up for their credit card - and I'll get a commission. (actually there are some exceptions, but those are not heavily advertised and promoted on amazon)

anyways - thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I'm an adult webmaster "newbie" - but since I saw you all voting on ccbill and ibill - and other readers here are looking to implement these programs, I thought I would add my input as a potential future affiliate.

:army:

taboo_gal
    I understand that each user's experience is different. But the vote is so divided on ccbill's stats and support that I have to ask.

I've heard lots of complaints about their stats, constant upgrades and resulting bugs as well as having issues with their support team. Is this just the standard whining of those who hate change and/or can not be pleased or are you willing to put up with stat and support issues as long as you are getting paid? If that is the case, are you sure you're getting paid for all commissions? Further, if you are having trouble with their support, wouldn't your surfer experience some issues as well?

I've no opinion either way as I have never used them. But we do have those who come to us when setting up an affiliate program asking our opinion of ccbill. All I can offer is that we can integrate. I'd like to give them more information if at all possible. Thanks in advance. :bow:

desslock - the secret here is to choose sites to promote that don't have those traffic leaks. some programs make a separate affiliate tour that does not offer things we don't get paid for. i suggest you stick with those programs - it's not our job to send hits to someone who is using our hits without paying us.

i have no real objection to an exit console on the join page - but selling videos or sending my hits to their link trades isn't my job.

desslock
    re: Traffic Leaks

Hey there Basschick!

Yes --- I like your term there "traffic leaks." :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

However, my big beef is sending someone to a site --- and *on the same site* some of the stuff you get credit for, while other products you do not.

If a business wants to augment their own site with their own affiliate programs (like the exit consiles you mention), I think you can make a case for that.

However, I seem to find numerous sites where they don't give you credit on major programs on their own website. Like I mentioned earlier, ChiChi LaRue and Falcon give you credit for the monthly memberships, but not the PPV movie streams or if they purchase the DVD's directly.

One of my sites sells the Wall Street Journal. It would be as if I got credit for selling just a print subscription, but they just didn't have a commission structure for the people who signup for the WSJ.com online service. [Fortunately they do, and that's a nice affiliate program, btw]

I'm not trying to smear the fine sites of the programs I mentioned earlier. Just posting some feedback. :construct

Steve

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    As it happens a couple or years ago there was a sponsor that gave you credit for exit sales to other affiliate programs as well as the upsells within the site, I forget the name of the company off the top of my head but needless to say, they are no longer around

Regards,

Lee

TommyJettisBoy
    What? No love for Jettis?

TommyJettisBoy, IMHO Jettis has some work to do to catch up to CCBill. I have tried to sign up with Jettis twice and both times have given up after about a week of working through things. Here is what I found:

-your contract is bigger than a dictionary, it is way too big and complex!
    - you demand full withdrawl access to pay site owner's bank accounts...that is not required at any other billing company and you should be convering yourself off with your holdbacks.
    -your jumbo affiliate software should be standard not an added option
    -you have monthly minimum fees, no other processor has that
    -you do not offer any type of phone billing (dialer or 900)
    -I have asked for help in the past with sales and support and have had poor responses

Also, I just searched through your site and could not find any info on visa registration, ie, do you process for non-US companies and if yes then which countries (just EU or all others)?

Cheers,

Luke

BDBionic
    has anyone here signed up for an affiliate program that uses Verotel? And if so, how'd that work out for ya?

I have clients working with verotel and they are very happy, apparantly their scrub rates are really good (not high at all), the only one thing I would be concerned about is that they are not complying with visa's cross-border payouts so if you are a non-EU person/company you may have to deal with this if/when they get forced into changing this policy.

cheers,

Luke