Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever...

Scorpio

Have you ever...

had a paranormal experience?

Mine was last year in July... i was laying down outside when i saw a butterfly flying close to me... it was a pretty one and nice size too... Usually they fly away when you move, but that one just flew right by me. After 10 minutes looking at him, he flew toward me and was like 4 feet from my face... that's when i saw his lips move and forming the word "Hello"... that was sooo crazy and it scared me a lot. I couldn't believe it had said hello to me. Since then i know there is much more out there than we know.

What's your experience?

Jasun
    I used to live in an old warehouse down by the water front which had a ghost in it. I only saw him twice, but both times freaked me out a bit. the first time I was in bed, and woke up to the sound of my boyfriend who was obviously being bothered by something. I turned over to see a moderately attractive latino man strattleing his legs and poking him in the back. The guy looked up and me, and suddely got this look of shock when he realized that I could see him. He jumped up, stumbled backwards, (quite loudly, I might add) and knocked over a chair which fell off the edge of the loft and crashed onto the floor. He backed himself up against the wall and slowly faded out. I was really freaked, and of course, had trouble explaining to th BF what had caused the chair to fall off the loft and wake him up.

The next time i saw him I had just arrived at home in the middle of the day and saw my BF sitting at the dining room table reading a book. I was a bit confused as to why he was there, since he was supposed to be at work. I yelled over to him (it was a big warehouse) and he got up and walked around the corner behind a wall but didn't answer. I walked over there, only to find there was nobody there, and my boyfriend actually had been at work all day.

I can't believe I'm actually telling this story.

Scorpio
    Is that a real story? that's spooky. Did you move out because of it?

Jasun
    It's completely true, and it was while I was a straight edge, so I wasn't ever stoned or anything.

and actually, noI never would hav left if I didn't have to, it was such an amazing place to live in.. 28 foot i eventually moved out because the zoning laws didn't really allow me to live there, and it was a bit drafty.

but it had foot ceilings, huge room, wood floors and ceiling and brick walls. Big huge warehouse windows on two sides (it was on the corner), and I had enough room to put a playground complete with swings, jungle gym, monkey bars and a see-saw in it.

Ah the 90s.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Too many times to list!

We spoke about this last night, a little, on the Darren Austin Show. And it's something I rarely mention in my adult career.

In the 90's I worked with a paranormal group in CT and I used to assisted some law authorities in finding lost people, especially children.

I come from a family where the idea of having the spirit of family members around is somewhat common, even though some just don't want to admit it.

One of the more frequent experiences I would have involved my mother. We used to live in a three-story townhouse in NJ and when I would go to the first floor kitchen I would have to pass my parent's bedroom.

When mom would have something on her mind that was troubling her, or a big decision was on the way, I always knew. I would see my grandfather sitting next to her on the bed rubbing her back - just as if he was there soothing his baby girl to sleep. I would always ask my mother the next morning if things were all right. She would always say "Everything's fine." But I knew differently.

After a few times of this happening and her not saying anything I told her what I saw. And that every time I saw him there, something inevitably happened to prove to me he was there to help her.

Now, while mom won't tell me everything, it seems she knows that when something is up, her father is always there to help her through it.

There's one story for the record.

My best,
    Gary

Scorpio
    ya'll are turning me into a pussy i had to turn the lights and TV on.

Originally posted by Scorpio
    ya'll are turning me into a pussy i had to turn the lights and TV on.
    LOL I have a few that would keep you awake at night too. But I'll hold off for Halloween or something like that to share those. Muwhahahaha

Hugs,
    GA

Chris Alan
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    I come from a family where the idea of having the spirit of family members around is somewhat common, even though some just don't want to admit it.
    Your not talking about me eh? :wacko:

Originally posted by Chris Alan
    Your not talking about me eh? :wacko:
    LMAOPIP

Of course I am. :groovy:

GA

Chris Alan
    My friend wanted to pop in and say hello!

RainGurl
    ha!
    my most recent experience was in vegas with gary....paranormal experience that is...where he made some very specific predictions that came true...
    keep positive thoughts for me, gary!
    :smarmy:

Macho 411
    Just call me HBO or Cinemax also get Direct TV now a days....

but in all honesty I hate channeling....

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    in bulgaria which is where i'm from, believing and taking care of spirits of dead ones is common thing.
    after someone dies, 10 days after and 40 days after the burial food is given out to neighbors and friends, usually food the dead person liked and while haded it's they say something like "in so and so's name god bless him".

i was 10-11 years old when my great grandfather died. he got sick suddenly and just died one morning. i remember couple days before he died i saw him and he was telling my dad how he had dreams of his brothers saying that's it's time to come home already and they were calling him. about 3-4 days later he died. my grandma and her sister spent the night with my great grandma and also helped her clean the body, we didn't have funeral homes back then and usually the body isn't taken away and tinkered with beyond being washed. so they washed him dressed the body put it in a casket, locked too. locked all doors and went downstairs.

their house had a long yard and right at the end where the entrance to it is was the street light but the yard itself didn't have any lights. so that night before the funeral my grandma her sister and their mom were sleeping, when my grandma wakes up hearing someone walking with galoshes dragging their feet. my great grandfather walked that way. she went outside and kept hearing the same thing, the dog which is chained right near the walk started barking. she said she looked around and then down towards the street light and she saw his sillouette in the distance walking away.

after the funeral. they spent couple days at home and my grandma's sister had a dream. dark tunnel and suddenly very bright light. as she emerges from the tunel she's on a small boat with an old guy. and he tells her - i'm taking you to see your dad is fine, but you have to know this. you're going to see a lot of your relatives here now so don't be scared. they're all here and want to welcome you but it's not your time yet, don't touch any of them or you'll stay here forever." she said it was this serene peacefull place with lots of trees and green grass. very green, she sais she's never seen such rich colors.
    so they pulled the boat, and got off on a big lawn with kids running and playing, and people having a piknick, and the old man pointed with a finger towards a big building that looked like a church and told her her dad lives there and that he's fine. she said then dead relatives started to show up, all wanting to hug her, she forgot she wasn't supposed to touch them and just as she was about to kiss her aunt the old guy yelled no and took her away. she woke up.

then once
    i was upstairs where my great grandfather died. on his bed. it was winter and I was out the whole day playing in the snow, so my grandma said to get inside 'cause my feet were wet and i was coughing already.
    it was past 5pm and just getting dark outside. i was laying on his bed and suddenly i hear this heavy breathing, and i look around there's nobody. TV wasn't on, radio either. the more i listen the louder the breathing got. i looked at the chair right next to me at my clothes, then the shoes and thought to myself - now how long is it going to take me to get my clothes and shoes and run out. took me less than 5 seconds. i ran out in my socks. my great grandma was outside and i told her what i just heard. and she was like - oh yeah, he's around, i hear him all the time and i talk to him. needless to say i never went back all by myself

i'll save the way i got outed to my mom for another time that post is already tooooo long
    Last edited by jIgG; 02-25-2004 at 01:27 AM.

Scorpio
    Hi jIgG, that was a nice and spooky story.
    You know, i've heard some stories similar to yours. And that really makes me think about myself and my beliefs. I don't believe in any religions. But i believe in a god, a higher power. Well then i guess i do believe in a religion He-she is someone who's there to listen to me, and ONLY listen to me... and i also have a guardian angel... and that's about it. i don't believe in Jesus... NOR the Bible.
    My guardian angel is the one i can ask for favors, help... God is the one to listen to me, i don't ask him-her anything in my prayers. He-she is God and not a wish maker... I hear people praying to win the lottery or praying to find a boy-girlfriend, praying for anything stupid. I can't believe they would do that to God. But well that's not my problem. Then i see all those Religious Freaks like Bush as example and many more (coming soon: religiousfreaks.com by the way who take God's name and use it to propagate hate. This is making me so mad. All those puppets are just nodding and following all in God's name. Because a book says something, then people do so. This is unbelievable for me. In the name of God, you have to hate gay people. you have to mind people's business... and on and on and on... I grew up a Catholic and now despise it. It's still hard for me to seperate Jesus... to my beliefs. Fortunately, some good people out there who don't take religions to the extreme and can still make a difference between good or bad by themselves. I respect anyboby's faith but when it gets to the extreme, i have to be against it.
    Anyway, it was just to give you a quick idea of my beliefs... SO with posts like those in this board, that makes me think about who'll be "eligible" to enter Heaven. Or are there different Heaven's for different faith? Will they allow me even if i don't believe in Jesus...? i know it may sound silly to you but with all the stories i hear about people seeing the light... I really believe there is something out there... and hopefully, anybody from any religious backgrounds will be able to get to that light.

Ok i stopped being so confusing and sorry if my thoghts weren't too clear
    Steve

Platinum Doug
    Yikes! So many crazy stories - here's one more . ..

I came home from a party one morning at about 9am. I was still going pretty hard and was up in my room when I got the strangest feeling that something was with me and trying to communicate. Being the eternal pessimist, I took a pencil in my non-writing left hand, clutched dagger style put it behind my back with a notepad.

I began to move the pen in circles behind my back - for how long, I’m not sure. But when I turned around to look at what I had drawn . . . I saw nothing but scribble.

But then I looked a little closer and could clearly make out the words . . .

"You have to let go for me to take control . . . "

I can't write a damn thing with my left hand - even out in front of me with it in proper writing position. I wasn't particularly scared. It felt peaceful. Given, I was out of my skull and all and I still don't believe in any paranormal things. But it's the only story I have and I have nothing else to do with it except share it in forums like this . . .