Thread: Bush + Gay Voters - FUBAR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DigitalJay

Bush + Gay Voters - FUBAR

Well he's finally driven the last nail in the coffin when it comes to alienating minorities. His stuttered and nervous speech on preserving the sanctity of straight marraige was pitiful. I would have thought that the victories of women in this country would have ensured that the powers that be could no longer tell Americans what they can and can not do based on sex, if not sexual preference. The only good thing that can possibly come from this, although not likely, is that straight couples will think twice about taking their rights for granted. The sick part is that the majority of Americans polled agree with him.

Ounique
    Don't get me started. This country was started on the basis of people searching for freedom, and now they are saying that only a certain number of people can have that freedom. The rest of us can go on paying taxes and supporting the government, but we are not allowed the same freedoms as everyone else. Grrrrr. :boom:

Jasun
    I really dig how Rick Santorum said that if you give people the right to privacy in their own bedroom, that you give them the right to fuck dogs.

This is one of the arguements that makes my blood boil.

I have a friend who's a member of the "Log Cabin" Republicans, and he keeps telling me that "Republicans aren't ALL like that", but when I ask him why there isn't huge amounts of Republicans holding press confrences denouncing statements like that he kind of hums and has and tries to change the subject.

It all reminds me of this poem...

In Germany they first came for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
    Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Catholics,
    and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
    Then they came for me -
    and by that time no one was left to speak up.

-- Pastor Martin Niemoller

DigitalJay
    Originally posted by Jasun
    I really dig how Rick Santorum said that if you give people the right to privacy in their own bedroom, that you give them the right to fuck dogs.

This is one of the arguements that makes my blood boil.
    Yeah, that disgusts me too. Bill O'Reily said something along the same lines, also comparing it to molestation (on top of ***********!). The main flaw in these associations is that a married gay couple would consist of two consenting adults. Obviously this makes them look extremely stupid.

Jasun
    Originally posted by DigitalJay
    Obviously this makes them look extremely stupid.
    Along with a whopping 50% of Americans who will most likely vote for them again. We need one of those big floods, I think.