Thread: TGP oddities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BDBionic

TGP oddities

OK so I submitted to a particular TGP for the first time today. In following up on my submission I went to check and see if the gallery had been posted.
    It had been, and it's up on the TGP.

BUT... first time I clicked on the thumbnail to my gallery, it went to a different gallery.
    Second time I clicked on it... again a different gallery.
    3rd? Different gallery.
    4th? My own gallery finally. The one advertised in the thumbnail.
    5th? Different gallery.
    6th - Mine
    7th time - Mine
    8th time - Mine
    9th - someone elses
    10th - someone elses

I went on to click on my own thumbnail 25 times. 11 of those times it led me to the gallery I had submitted along with my thumbnail. The rest, to other galleries.

I didn't bother to fish through and see if these other galleries were ones others had submitted.
    Truth be told my first impression and the one I believe to be most accurate is that these mystery galleries that popped up where mine should be belong to sponsors of the TGP owner, or at least connect to them through revshare.

I'd noticed on other TGPs that this happened on rare occasion but never to a degree that made me think it wrong. But 14 out of 25 times to a different gallery?!

Is it wrong of me to think: I'm providing the content. I chose and cropped the thumbnail. I but your recips on the galleries I've been submitting. I've made the effort to submit to your TGP to give it content as well as send it surfers in a fair exchange for surfers in return... why is my thumb sending people somewhere else?

Needless to say, this particular TGP is off the submission list.

BDBionic
    I also think it laughably ironic that one of the TGPs submission rules is "no blind links, all thumbnails must lead to the picture" when their entire gallery is blind thumbnail links to random destinations.

It's like... "Don't mislead or fuck with my surfers. I'm the only one who can fuck with my surfers using your content. If you were to fuck with em, I'd lose the chance to fuck with em."

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I think that sucks personally

To many TGP owners are more worried about ensuring their traffic trades are happy and that thy make money to worry about the webmasters who actually allow them to make money in the first place

Without the submitting webmaster they wouldnt have anything to work with at all LOL

Feel free to submit your gallerys to Cum Soda btw we dont use any trade scripts so out of all the traffic going to th site a good percentage of it goes out to the individual galleries and, we have something rather unique happening with the TGP in the next week or so too which is bound to make you a buckt load of additional $$$

Regards,

Lee

Oh that redirect crap just bugs me no end!

Any chance of sharing who is doing that - I sure don't want to use 'em.

AusCoding Allan
    My thoughts exactly no submitting to TGP's that don't send the traffic back your way. It totally defeats the purpose of submitting to the TGP in the first place.

My 2c

AB

gel
    It might be annoying but how does it actually affect you? Does it affect you in a negative manner. If any thing it increases the total number of clicks you will get. There is a reason they use cj script It builds up the traffic to their TGP. The more traffic they get the more traffic you get.

If someone sends me traffic that's what's important.

traffic trading is the key for new tgp's to boost their traffic to reasonable levels, as long as the trade ratio is not set too high it is usually fine. Personally, I trade off about 20-25% of my tgp traffic, I figure the more galleries the surfer clicks, the less likely it is that they will become a purchasing client so I'd rather trade them and hope that my site dazzles a new inbound traded surfer.

cheers,

Luke

Part of me sort of understands the skimming - and the fact that eventually a surfer MAY get pissed at not going where they thought they were and just cave in and make a purchase ... but I do think 50% and higher skimming is just too much.

BDBionic
    I got no problem with the need to trade traffic.
    But when your gallery shows up a fair deal less than 50% of the time it's a bit excessive.
    From the content provider point of view, you're not supplying it for the sole purpose of getting the TGP traffic. You're supplying it under the understanding that you'll get traffic from it. And 35-40% only of clicks leading to the gallery doesn't do ya a heckuva lotta good.

yes, i agree 50% is way too high, its more approaching CJ levels!

cheers,

Luke

Oh - and a big warm welcome to my buddy Gel - glad to see you made it here hon!

gel
    Thanks for the weclome Bec.

My experience has been prevously almost 100% in the straight market.
    In that market I know of several TGP that skim hard but send me good levels of traffic.

In my mind for tgp work it's all about how many uniques a TGP can send to my gallery. It doesn't matter to me if a 1000 uniques came from a site that has skim rate of 99% or 0%. It's still 1000 uniques.