Thread: SEO's who do you use?

southernexposure

SEO's who do you use?

this is not an attempt to get top webmasters to spill their best kept secrets.

I was wondering if anyone still uses SEO's. Who would be a good one to start with?
    Do they actually work?
    What do they actually do for you?

thanks in advance for any input.

(p.s.) I never use keywords, only the page design's with no "alt" tags.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    To be honest we have never used any SEO services other than little ol' me and i think we do quite well in the SE's considering we have top listings (top 5 minimum) for just about any search phrase we target.

There was a time when some of the well known SEO 'experts' were telling everyone that getting good rankings in the search engines meant having to pay (them) to get them however, nowadays in all honesty, it takes very little effort to get good listings so long as you dont overly abuse the algorythms and put some thought into your sites navigational structure as well as content.

Regards,

Lee

southernexposure
    thanks lee,

Yeah, its kinda funny, if someone is a good SEO they usually are only good cuz they know how to properly spam google and get away with it...well, until the next update when all their sites get dropped.

I think the best SEO is to do it yourself and to create a site that is deep, multi faceted and updated regularly.

cheers,
    Luke

southernexposure
    So what you are saying is Why pay someone to paint the front door when you can do it yourself? You can paint a new color each week and get lots of visitors!!

LOL that was a stupid example but it gets the point across.

Now when you say update often, you mean change the keywords, descriptions, and writing on entry page or what?

Thanks Luke,
    You are the Coolest
    :groovy:

I just mean keep your content dynamic, you can do this with scripts that automatically update your site or you can even use services that insert content into your site, like news services. Either way, if the search engines revisit your site a few times a week and the content is different each time then it will recognize this and reward you!

cheers,
    Luke

AmazingGlass
    Great advice chili!

When it comes to SEO work, you must realize there are good deals and bad deals. I spent a large amount of time and money on learning about SEO...and that's valuable. The key is to get someone who is recommended by a friend or associate. An SEO will not give you any 'secrets', but they can give you information in a short amount of time that would normally take you days. I have done both..the SEO consultations and the self-education.