Thread: Do you think that .............

Darren Austin

Do you think that .............

Do you think that the Gay bill against gay marriage wil pass?

I am fearful that this is coming from our President and leads me to wonder what other things he has planned?

Bishop
    Not even gonna happen.. President is just trying to get everyone to forget about the lack of WMD's in Iraq.

Scorpio
    I really hope they don't but still there might be a chance

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    I would like to agree with Bishop that it's a cover tactic. Something to get on the front page in order to distract us from other things.

Do I think it's going to happen? There are so many in the capitol who are fired up about this that they are going to try.

Now, if what I have read and heard is true the document that is underconsideration is written in such a way that it is SO discriminatory that I can not imagine it would fair well in the Supreme Court. Thankfully the president alone can not make laws or issue ammendments. And even with a full Congressional support behind him, we will still have the Supreme Court.

My two cents...

GA

BDBionic
    Pure smokescreen tactics.
    I think it has significantly more of a chance of failing than passing. 2/3s of a House and Senate - both - is quite a number to reach. Especially on something so controversial. Even a great many Republicans cringe at the thought of amending the Constitution and taking something out of the hands of individual states and placing it in to the realm of federal policy.
    Then, the 38 states required to ratify it for passage is a hefty number as well. States really aren't inclined to hand matters of their own jurisdiction off to the federal government.

That being said, I think this whole mess, though less than likely to end up in ratification and amending, will most certainly result in some deep divisions being drawn through American society. This will become an impassioned debate that fires up emotions on both sites and will result in a whole lot of Americans hating a whole lot of other Americans.

That's the true tragedy here.

Chris Alan
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    I would like to agree with Bishop that it's a cover tactic. Something to get on the front page in order to distract us from other things.

Do I think it's going to happen? There are so many in the capitol who are fired up about this that they are going to try.

Now, if what I have read and heard is true the document that is underconsideration is written in such a way that it is SO discriminatory that I can not imagine it would fair well in the Supreme Court. Thankfully the president alone can not make laws or issue ammendments. And even with a full Congressional support behind him, we will still have the Supreme Court.

My two cents...

GA
    Wow great mind think alike. Before I read the replies, The same exact thoughts ran through my mind. So I ditto GA's reply.

Ounique
    Originally posted by BDBionic
    That being said, I think this whole mess, though less than likely to end up in ratification and amending, will most certainly result in some deep divisions being drawn through American society. This will become an impassioned debate that fires up emotions on both sites and will result in a whole lot of Americans hating a whole lot of other Americans.

That's the true tragedy here.
    I agree with you BD, I hope Mr. Bush feels good about that fact that he singlehandedly caused the whole country entrusted to his care to be devided so strongly and caused so many such heartache.

Platinum Doug
    I'm sorry, but this, added with the rest of the debacles he's orchestrated in office, should be reason enough to vote him out. I’m Canadian so I don’t get to vote, but I hope everyone south of the border does the right thing come poll time!

BDBionic
    Originally posted by Platinum Doug
    I hope everyone south of the border does the right thing come poll time!
    Takes a big, fat, stinky dump on the front lawn of the White House?

Platinum Doug
    Hahahaha! Well, that sounds like a good start!