Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gay Owned/Operated AVS

Digital Mojo1
    Heh heh heh... I'm not so inclined to believe that myself. I'd buy that story if I hadn't met many of these women in person at various conventions.

'Course, the guys wub it too. I have an Inbox full of the most shocking confessions. I feel like the bartender who's always hearing people's most personal secrets. Talk about hot copy for a paysite! O.O

---------------------------------------
    WWW.COMICBOYS.COM

Galleries - Games - Animations
    Hardcore Toon Content At Its Finest!

"No toons were harmed in the making of this website. They're just... um... really good actors."

Mr Licious1
    I would be interested in making sites for an AVS like this. I think the other gay AVS programs do ignore promotion of many of the predominant areas of our gay lifestyle. Twinks do sell, but there is great interest in the other niches. It would be nice to have a more balanced environment to work in.

Mr. Licious

Huskyhunks1
    Hey Guys,

Yet another straight avs, ProAdult, has just inveiled their own gay avs, Imen.com. Seems ok but isn't it just like every other one.

In other news regarding my new gay avs project ....

Looks like Verotel is the processor that I will use for the new gay avs I'm working on. I'm very happy with their service. They offer Direct Deposit (yeah !) for webmasters and resellers so that is a definitely plus. Also, they pay every week, so on Monday, everyone who makes over $25 will recieve their direct deposit in the bank. It's free ! I love their interface and stats area. It's very intuitive and shouldn't give anyone much trouble at all.

Another plus is that they are based in the hyper-gay Netherlands. Gay marriage, free thinkers, out and open, I can't think of a better place to process from especially if we all get direct deposit. Receiving checks from overseas will not be an issue.

Webmaster payouts - here's the breakdown

cost to consumer - $29.95 mo. recurring

affiliate payout 50% - -$14.97 mo. recurring payout
    processing fee (for me) - -$4.05 cost
    reserve 10% (for me) - -$3.00 cost

net for me - $8.03 mo. recurring payout

This seems to be the price point that the new programs are using and I think it's a good one because it is 2003 and it simply cost us more if we're going to be producing our own content. 50% is the highest payout allowable with Verotel and I think it's a fair one.

Ok. nothing in stone... yet.

HH

Lee1
    Guys,

We just had to turn down an offer to buy an exisitng AVS site including all the scripting and design etc etc.

Go check out the announcements board i beleive the guy has posted it on there IMHO this would be a GREAT opportunitie for some of you guys to form a partnership and start your own AVS it also has a great domain name!

Regards,

Lee

rick1
    Verotel?

I think you can find MUCH better processors in the USA. If they pay every week, where are my last 4 checks?

"Oh, we're sorry, they must have gotten lost".

I refuse to give some foreign company my banking information; I don't trust anyone with my bank numbers

I put Hughes Billing on one of our sites (in place of Verotel) and I'm very very happy with them.

As far as women visiting gay sites, I do get a fair share number of women emailing me, most tell me they like looking at big cocks or very handsome men.

I think many people think AVS' are a scam.

Huskyhunks1
    I had check problems with ProBilling. My checks took forever to get to me and that was just from Canada. I don't think I would ever want to wait to get paid by mail from overseas. I'm very happy with Verotel. They have earned my trust. I love Direct Deposit. That's why I left Globill because they said they were going to get it and then dropped it.

As far as giving your checking account and routing number, that's funny because we give that information every time we pay by check. We give it to the 16 year old at the checkout stand. Talk about trust. We have to trust that most people are honest. Otherwise, there's no point to any of this.

HH

Digital Mojo1
    Quote:I think many people think AVS' are a scam.

I wonder why that is. Could it be perhaps the quality or design of the particular AVS site they're currently visiting?

---------------------------------------
    WWW.COMICBOYS.COM

Galleries - Games - Animations
    Hardcore Toon Content At Its Finest!

"No toons were harmed in the making of this website. They're just... um... really good actors."

RTMancheck1
    Girlfriends !!

Mancheck.com is one of the original and best "GAY AVS" sites in the industry. We are GAY owned and operated. Check us out..we know the difference. Keep it in the family..we understand your needs and the needs of the market. This summer, we will also be adding pay per view to furthur the money that can be made as webmaster. Come see the difference in quality...its amazing what a little fairy dust will do.

robert@mancheck.com

Mansized1
    Yeah, my 3 month involvement with ProBilling was disastrous. They are on constant shaky grounds it seems with the banks. (They lost their account last fall and stopped processing Visa for a couple of days..then started scrubbing like you've never seen!). My advice is to stay away from them!

Huskyhunks1
    Just dropping an update on the new avs - It's called

PRIDE KEY

at pridekey.com. Of course, it's still very early on and I'm still working on the main page. This is just about the best I can do with design. I'm not a great designer but it's clean and that's important.

It took forever to find a name that encompasses and reflects everything that I had in mind. Most of the good names were already taken so that made the search much harder. It's very simple , easy to remember, and to the point. After working on it, it's starting to catch on with me.

Ok, I'm always open to advice and hopefully some of you will follow me in this process and submit sites when the time comes. Thanks guys.

HH

muchoantonio1
    Hey Rick....I just spotted your post. I see you have the Scott O'Hara tribute site--r u the owner?

muchoantonio

Macho 4111
    They have a shady business tactic w/ thier affiliate program

1. if the webmaster of a site want to use them as an affilitate program & no use the pro billing links thats fine w/ them in other words the owner of the site gets free traffic & sales & the affiliate gets screwed

2. an affiliate makes a sale & the owner of the site has to approve that sale meaning that you can make the sale but if the owner of the site dosent want to pay you your screwed too....

just hope your dealing w/ an honest webmaster.