• UGAS

8 47.06%
  • GlobalMalePass

9 52.94%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UGAS vs GMP

Scott

HMMMMMMMMMM

Last edited by Scott; 02-27-2004 at 07:23 PM.

Scott

BTW

BTW! I can't vote for either of those AVS's since I work at www.imen.com . I do know that we have the highest payouts and I will bend over backwards to help you with anything you need..............will you all be at the lunch next week?

just to let everyone know, i heard back from mancheck. they charge existing members full price, just as you said, Dzinerbear. $39.95 per month, and they pay us $18.00.

so, scott, you aren't THE most expensive for premium as i said you were.

Dzinerbear
    I just wanted to say to Scott that I think the imen site is very nicely designed. Pretty classy, in fact.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

DigitalJay
    So My ugas vs gmp thread turned into an Imen thread...hmmm...

:boom:

jonjayw
    Originally posted by basschick
    i would like to hear about more gay avs's with recurring . . .
    Check out webmaster avs/aen reference page at http://www.gay-empire.net/wavs.html

We list basic payout data plus a nice big green G if it's a Gay operation.
    For combination (Gay/Str8) operations we also list the # of Gay sites and if they have a Gay entry script. None are listed if they don't have Gay category(ies).

what do you mean by "a gay operation"? i figured you meant gay owned and operated, but ugas has a big green G and it is neither.

btw, free age card no longer pays rebills.

jonjayw
    Originally posted by basschick
    what do you mean by "a gay operation"? i figured you meant gay owned and operated, but ugas has a big green G and it is neither.

btw, free age card no longer pays rebills.
    As noted at the top of our <a href="http://www.gay-empire.net/wavs.html">avs/aen page</a> the scope of sites they service is identified by (S/G = straight w/gay category(ies) or <font color="green" size=5>G</font> = Gay. It's who they service not who they are that drives the identification. A number of the Gay operations are Gay wings of Str8 operations.

Thanks for the update re FACard. We try to re-review frequently but sometimes miss changes, accept updates anyway we can get them and appreciate your input.

Dzinerbear
    JonJayW,

I just noticed an error in your site's MANcheck listing. They now have a 50 pic minimum, not 20. They increased it after AdultCheck pulled that fast one and dumped so many of their webmasters. MANcheck increased the minimum requirement to avoid getting inundated with junk sites.

Cheers,
    Dzinerbear

jonjayw

Thanks, We Goofed!

Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    I just noticed an error in your site's MANcheck listing. They now have a 50 pic minimum, not 20. . .
    Appreciate the update. It hurts 'cause we knew this. Del uses ManCheck and had left us a note. Rich and I dropped the ball. Again, thanks. We always need input and additions that keeps us current.

DigitalJay
    It seems GMP is winning slightly, but not many votes.

I do not use UGAS for any new sites and haven't for a long time, and it is mostly because of their lack of updates/lack of webmaster support. The "support" chat room moderators have no sense of humor and very little patience for new webmasters or anyone who needs tech support.

GMP is at the opposite end of the spectrum (yeah that was a pun), they are a gay operation, not a sad bastard child of a slow learning straight avs (sorry but agecheck wasn't that great either), when agecheck became cyberage UGAS should have been overhauled but it wasn't. GMP was, with a new team and a new site, and i'm sure that is why they were voted best gay avs this year on cybersocket. The guys are extremely helpful and nice, they make building avs sites about as enjoyable as possible (it's monotonous and horrible now on every avs thanks to cookie-cutter 20-50 pic sites becomming the standard. You cant win anymore with quality over quanitity.)

I do think the people at TTI know more about the business, but they have a lazy way of applying it to the gay market in my opinion. GMP's desire to improve and expand, not to mention work with their new webmasters, gives them an edge to me.

Dzinerbear

Cookie Cutter Crap Machine

NOTE: This should probably be a new thread since I think it poses some interesting questions, I don't know how to respond to it here and make it a new post as well, so I'll leave that to one of the moderators.

"they make building avs sites about as enjoyable as possible (it's monotonous and horrible now on every avs thanks to cookie-cutter 20-50 pic sites becomming the standard. You cant win anymore with quality over quanitity.)" said DigitalJay

Do you really think so?

I spend a lot of time building my sites. I can get two done in a day, three if I really push because I spend so much time on detail, writing descriptions, stories, etc. And it seems to be paying off, my sales are doubling about every 2 to 3 months.

I continue to get comments from webmasters and affiliate programs that my sites are nice, classy, well-designed, and fun to read.

And I'd like to think surfers think that they've hit the jackpot when they find one of my sites instead of one of those cookie cutter things I see submitted to the AVS's 400 times a day.

Do you not think that if we give in and join the cookie cutter crap machine that we just keep the industry stagnant? Do you not think if serious webmasters spent more time designing nice looking, well-thought out sites that we would begin to push the bar up a little?

DigitalJay
    I definately agree. The same can be said for any new adult site. If it dosn't have anything original or new, it is pointless and takes up space. This includes TGP galleries, free sites, avs/aen sites, and paysites. (and gay directories and webmaster resource sites)

Scott

Heres A Thought IMEN

NEITHER

:groovy: www.imen.com :groovy:

i make my sites one at a time, no templates. i see sales increasing, and rebills, too. they're not the best sites around, but i try to make them fulfill everything they promise, and they are very easy to navigate.

imen scott, i have never heard back from you regarding monthly rebills at imen. i am curious what the overall signup ratio at the join page is for imen sites, and also what the overall monthly retention is. can you please find that out for me?

thanks~