17. You may not vote on this poll
  • UGAS

8 47.06%
  • GlobalMalePass

9 52.94%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UGAS vs GMP

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    I would have to say that I lean towards GMP. Bryan's a straight up pimp over there. (If he would ever answer his ICQ’s)
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Dzinerbear
    ... or his e-mail.

Dzinerbear

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar

Re: IMEN

Originally posted by Imen Scott
    NEITHER

:groovy: www.imen.com :groovy:
    Scott! You cutie pie! How have you been?
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I would have to give this one to GMPass. They are proactive. I haven't used UGAS in a long time. They haven't really tried to change with the times, basically just staying the course.

Regarding Mancheck:

I used them in the past and had alot of success with them. I opted to make my big Plus site into a paysite the day before the Visa bomb dropped a couple of years ago. I lost my Plus rebills and never fully recovered from the loss of momentum. I suspect that Mancheck is doing very well for a select group of webmasters

I have my main site with Cyberage Platinum and have always felt slighted by tri tech. I've made them a ton of money over the years and not so much as a thank you from a real person just a cheesy Christmas card. Oh well. I believe the whole AEN sector is very flat right now and the rewards will continue to diminish. Guys just aren't into Avs's anymore.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

Huskyhunks - i haven't even gotten a christmas card from tritech after several years of using them, but i use 'em 'cause i make money. avs is a nice part of my sales, and ugas has always been a nice part of it - my new sites are making sales and my old sites are making rebills.

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    Originally posted by basschick
    Huskyhunks - i haven't even gotten a christmas card from tritech after several years of using them, but i use 'em 'cause i make money. avs is a nice part of my sales, and ugas has always been a nice part of it - my new sites are making sales and my old sites are making rebills.
    I would say that I trust them, especially on payday. I'm going to try regular Ugas and Ugas Platinum again to see what happens even though I know it will be harder to sell than in the past.

Ugas and GMPass have very contrasting styles when it comes to dealing with webmasters. Thank you's are nice, but trusting a company is more important. I voted for UGAS because they offer nice rebills.

DigitalJay

grrrr

I was digging thru my old threads and found this one, and I have to say: IMEN SCOTT - spamming a thread with your service multiple times while offering nothing interesting to the subject is really, really fucking LAME! Shame on you! You made me feel iffy about using your service before I even had a chance to check it out!

Xstr8guy
    DigitalJay... you're a day late and a dollar short. Scott is no longer with Imen.

Your instincts are probably correct, though. I posted a bunch of questions for him in this thread and he never answered one! A little feedback would have been nice.

i'm going to stand up for scott here. yes, it WAS spam. but as far as the questions, he couldn't get answers. he kept asking, but they didn't seem to want him to know :-/

Scott had the unfortunate task of trying to get a site off the ground that was designed by the ProAdult team of straight men and women. That's not a bad thing in itself, but just because you draw up some plans in a board room and make a very nice site design doesn't mean your going to be successful.

I don't think anyone at ProAdult knows the gay market. If they did, they would have known that you have to have a team of people working for you that know the market, know the webmasters, know the tgp owners, link list owners, and all of the support people that it takes to earn the trust of gay webmasters. And not just one person !

Scott reminded me of GMS Dan. The gay guru who would know enough to save the day. They are good guys. They worked very hard to try to get some momentum going for their respective companies but it's take a team of inside people to make it work. I was hoping that ProAdult would hire from within this community but it seems that they aren't interested anymore because the gay market isn't as wide open as it used to be. I wouldn't blame Scott for taking the measures that he did.

Forgot.

Xstr8guy, yes, answers would have been nice for sure. To Basschick, that last reply wasn't a knock on straight men and women, I think you're a cool gal who knows both markets and would have helped them a great deal. So, in the end, it's not about hiring a token gay person, it's about hiring people that know the market

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Damn theres a blast from the past.. whatever happened to Dan?

I think the issues mentioned above are not only true of iMen but also alost every other major straight company trying to 'break' into the gay market they dont realize they need to do everything they did to get where they are in the straight side of the industry again for the gay community and, many of them also dont realize that it will take just as long, if not longer to get their reputation in the gay community too.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    So are y'all saying that iMEN is pretty much going to be a dead dog? Another red-headed, stepsister of the beautiful Helena, as it were? It sounds like there's no one at the helm and it'll just sit there and fester from the lack of development, and when the rebillings die off, they'll shut it down.

I had some sites over there, just wondering if I should find them a new home now.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    Dzinerbear... mirror your Imen sites at ProAdult. My mirrored PA/Imen sites did better with PA anyway.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i happen to like iMen. the design is pretty cool too. they just need someone at the helm driving the ship where it's supposed to go
    Last edited by jIgG; 05-29-2004 at 10:56 AM.