Thread: Gay Consumers More Likely To Use Blogs

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Gay Consumers More Likely To Use Blogs

According to a new survey from market research and consulting firms Harris Interactive and Witeck-Combs Communications, blog consumption habits of gay, lesbian and bisexual (GLB) adults differ from those of their heterosexual counterparts in the United States.

The survey found that gay people read blogs more often than their non-gay counterparts, with 27% of GLB adults frequently or occasionally seek out blogs versus 18% of heterosexual adults, and only 44% of GLB adults stating that they never read blogs as compared to 59% of heterosexual adults.

Whether the results have any great consequence in the great scheme of things is yet to be seen, but the statistics should provide some solace to bloggers who actively target the GLB market.

http://www.blogherald.com/2005/04/05...-blogs-survey/

Interesting stuff, i also read something the other day on Wired (i think it was) about this guy creating a blog specifically for non-adult gay surfers because they dont exist at the moment or something like that.

I think its fascinating how something so new in relative terms to the web has already become a stable in many surfers and webmasters daily lives.

Regards,

Lee

Yep it was in Wired, here is the link saying that there arent any gay lifestyle blogs...

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,...w=wn_9culthead

Regards,

Lee

gtpadmin
    Blogs are popular Lee ... especially when it comes to revenue..be it mainstream or adult... and I) can understand that many people tend to look for specific blogs --very subniche atm because there is an overwhelming amount of garbage out there with nonsense that is published.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Speaking of blogs, when is the gww blog gonna be out of beta? and is there gonna be a main page listing the blogs? or did I miss that already. :coffee:

I think gays may spend more online & read blogs than straights is because we are still living our double lives... so it doesn't surprise me that we read more blogs, buy more online, etc. but just my wacky opinion :argue:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Ian should be coming out of beta shortly, just waiting on a couple more people to get signed up so we can test some of the functionality

Once we know everything is working properly itll go live

We're also working on getting some pluginis installed and written for GWW Blog right now including a directory type listing of the current blogs and last entries

Regards,

Lee