Thread: Underage Gay Performer Worked for Cobra Video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MisterMark

Underage Gay Performer Worked for Cobra Video

From AVN.COM
    By: Doug Lawrence
    Posted: 10:35 am PDT 9-13-2005

CHATSWORTH, Calif. - "Brent Corrigan," who appears in four titles for Cobra Video, was under 18 when he performed in them, according to information supplied by the performer's attorney, Chad Belville of Tempe, Ariz.

The Cobra titles are Bareboned Twinks, Casting Couch 4, Every Poolboy's Dream, and Schoolboy Crush.

Pacific Sun Entertainment, which distributes Cobra Video titles, has notified all of its customers to pull the titles from their shelves, a Pacific Sun spokesman told GAYVN.

Updates will follow as details become available.

http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary...tent_ID=240238

Xstr8guy
    Desslock! Better pull your reviews since they are #1 on google.

Xstr8guy
    If this story is true, than why isn't Cobra Video removing the vids from their site?! GEEZ, talk about being irresponsible!

And just briefly looking at their vids, I would suspect that Brent Corrigan isn't the only underage person in their movies.

MisterMark
    Yeah, I took a quick look as well. I'm surprised their site seems to be completely intact - no apparent changes.

He's in Central Pennysylvania. I emailed him several months ago to ask how he found his models. I never got a response.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMark
    He's in Central Pennysylvania. I emailed him several months ago to ask how he found his models. I never got a response.
    Hmm, he must have been hanging around the local high school.

or perhaps it isn't true.

i'd pull any reference to that guy's movies anyway, but can anyone reach them for comment?

bradley_c
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Hmm, he must have been hanging around the local high school.
    he gets them from manhunt.net... or at least that's where he contacted me from.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    I just had lunch with one of the board members of the FSC and we discussed this issue of the minor in Cobra Videos.

My understanding at this point is that the model may have presented as many as 4 different ID's to the studio during the production of the 4 titles in question. If that is true, then the studio is very much in the lurch as this would be a collossal failure of due dilligence with respect to verifying the model's age.

It was also mentioned that many in the twink video production circle familiar with Cobra Video and this model, already knew this model was underage when filming and that there were even jokes going around that circle about how he got away with the ID's that he presented.

I would be inclined to believe that Cobra video will not have much of a shelf life now with distributors or stores as they have now lost all credibility and believability.

MisterMark
    Yikes. Bad, bad, bad - for all of us, really.

In defense of the producer, it should be up to producers to have to verify whether or not an identification is legitimate or not. Its one thing to request an ID and keep it on file; it's quite another to turn the producer into a temporary policeman or detective.

It's really disturbing to hear that some within the industry knew about this beforehand, and made jokes about it rather than take it seriously. This affects all of us, not just Cobra... not just the twink studios. It gives us all a black eye.

The producer is the one who is specifically charged with INSURING that the ID is correct and this is one of the biggest reasons the ID issues were raised in the new version of 2257 so there is accountability for the accuracy of model's ID's. This is exactly why 2257 has sought to limit the acceptable forms of ID's for adult productions.

It is very much the producer's responsibilty to police himself, his company, all models, and all ID's presented as evidence of work eligability. (sp?)

And I am sorry, but you KNOW your models, especially one that is your star....and one that you use in repeat productions.... and when the same model presents 4 different ID's to the same studio.....it definately IS the producer's responsibility to see this and call the model on it, and demand more proof of the model's age...

MisterMark
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr
    and when the same model presents 4 different ID's to the same studio.....it definately IS the producer's responsibility to see this and call the model on it, and demand more proof of the model's age...
    Yes, absolutely, 4 different IDs would make me suspicious.

But I maintain that a producer should not be held responsible for a fake ID that looks completely legitimate.

There's a defense that's built into the law concerning this. You, as a producer, are indeed not liable for accepting a fake ID, if you reasonably believed it to be real. After all, we don't have the ability to authenticate ID's we're presented with. But if the model turned out to be underage, then you can't legally use or sell the product you created. The Jeff Browning case in didn't result in any criminal penalties for the producer, if I'm correct, but the product was recalled and destroyed. Do you guys remember the Jeff Browning case?

http://www.gayvideodad.com/columns/c...ckey.skee.html

PS: This is not meant to diminish the argument for due diligence that Tom Barr correctly speaks of.

Yes, absolutely, 4 different IDs would make me suspicious.

But I maintain that a producer should not be held responsible for a fake ID that looks completely legitimate.
    SUSPICIOUS? 4 Id's from the same model should make you run for the hills!

The producer IS the certifier that the model's ID is correct and correctly represents the model. That is why there is accountability built into 2257. 4 ID's from the same model....come on...it was very much his responsibility to demand to see other validating forms of ID's to verify which, if any, of the 4 represented the actual DOB for the model. Suspicious? He should have been downright disbelieving of this model's ID's as soon as the second Id was presented. At the very very least, the producer should not have used the model again as soon as the second valid appearing ID appeared without verifying which of the two presented were the actual and correct ID and DOB for the model ( if either actually were). To produce 4 titles, and accept multiple ID's from the same model without demanding further proof of ID is nothing more than blatant irresponsibilty and reckless abandonment of his responsibilities to certify that the model was over 18.

MisterMark
    Yikes. Bad, bad, bad - for all of us, really.

In defense of the producer, it should be up to producers to have to verify whether or not an identification is legitimate or not. Its one thing to request an ID and keep it on file; it's quite another to turn the producer into a temporary policeman or detective.
    Woops - I meant to say that it should NOT be up to producers to have to verify IDs... Sorry about the confusion. :dunce: