Traffic, Traffic, Traffic.

Most of us are on the look out for more traffic to send to our sites and, with so many places existing in the industry to get traffic these days, what can you do with it once you actually get it?

There are still an awfull lot of webmasters who seem to think that the way to make money is to get as much traffic as they can, send it to a site or two with some banners or buttons on the page and the surfers will signup well, i hate to break this to you, thats not how things work - Anymore.

With that in mind, i figured it would be a good idea to share some tips, not only on generating traffic but, more importantly, turning your existing traffic in to $$$ signs

1. Traffic doesnt just mean money, in some instances it can mean power.

Sometimes, you can actually benefit more from your existing traffic by not sending it to a sponsor but, by sending it to your own traffic site, whether that be a hub, tgp, links list, whatever. In the short term, its probably going to mean you take a hit financially however, building a steady, consistent traffic base on your main site or sites is going to mean more money in the long run plus, more power to bargain with later wen it comes to building your traffic trades with other sites and webmasters.

2. If you are a TGP'er dont forget to use the traffic wisely.

I know a lot of you submit to TGP's however, in addition to submitting galleries with recips to the TGP's you are currently using, spend an hour to build your own 'fake' TGP and submit your galleries with a recip to that. Surfers dont immediately join paysites from galleries, we all know that, they look around for the right sort of content, this means, that some will leave your gallery (where you are restricted on marketing to the surfer) and potentially go to your fake TGP where you have all the freedom in the world to do with that surfer what you will, blind link them, pop consoles on them, CJ them, whatever it takes to make that sale, TGP traffic does have more than one use

3. Filter, filter and, filter some more.

Those of us who have tried filtering our traffic know it helps make the sale, by filtering your traffic, you are, in effect, ensuring that a surfer looking for bears, is going to end up on YOUR bear site just as, a surfer looking for jocks is going to end up on YOUR jock site, dont assume that just because a surfer has hit your site, the pay sites you are offering them is what they are 'actually' looking for. Traffic filtering can take many forms, the easiest of which is to add several text links in a table at the bottom of your page going to several of your other sites, more complex filtering methods include building hige hubs full of FPA's, FHG's and free sites, find a filtering method that will work for you on your sites, for most, adding 6-8 text links on the base of their pages will suffice enough to ensure you filter your traffic a little better.

4. Love them or loath them, consoles work.

However, in this instance im not talking about popping endless console chains to your surfers, instead, use a blur or pop up console that contains links to your other sites as well as your sponsors, i realize SP2 has pretty much done away with consoles these days however, they do still work, if you use them wisely!

5. The forgotten traffic source.

Ever thought about just emailing or ICQ'ing other webmasters for link trades? A strange concept i know but, before we had all manner of trade scripts available to us, that was one of the only methods we had to generate traffic. Dont under-estimate the power of good old fashioned link trades, there are plenty of people in the industry who have lots of traffic, run sites similar to yours and, are looking for more traffic themselves, sometimes it really does just take a well timed email asking if someone wants to trade traffic with you and, whats the worse that could happen? They can say no.

Traffic is, ultimately, the one thing we ALL need to make money in this industry however, as you have hopefully seen above, using our existing traffic more wisely can go a long way to ensuring that we remain profitable. At the same time, never forget, the adult industry was around before we had all of these 'technologies' to help us, just because everyone else is using a trade script to run their sites, it doesnt mean you have to and, as i mentioned above, sometimes simply asking another site owner for a traffic trade is all it takes.

Article written by Lee.

http://www.webmasterconsultants.com