Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone on here has some experience in this area because I know absolutely nothing about it (well, almost nothing!).

I've been hired by a small, independent filmmaker (who makes fetish videos) to help re-design his website (which is in god-awful shape), market it, run the store…basically run the whole operation with the exception of making the videos.

I know a lot about website development and promotion, but not a lot about distributing videos. Currently, he's just selling them in a shopping cart through iBill, but I'm planning in getting him set-up with a merchant account and do the billing through NetBilling soon.

Right now, he's only selling VHS tapes, but I'd like to start offering DVDs.

I guess my questions are…

Can anyone offer me any advice on selling these things? How difficult is it to get them distributed and possibly sold in adult video stores (it's a pretty well known company for those that are into this)?

What is the process of getting the older tapes transferred over to DVD? Is there someplace that would do this, duplicate them, and also design the cover for the DVD case (& maybe for the VHS tapes too)?

And, probably most importantly…what are the legal issues with shipping these? They're not really sex or hardcore…mostly pretty soft-core spanking videos. Could we get into trouble shipping them to some states (like Utah?!).

Any other advice on this subject would be GREATLY appreciated!

As always…thanks for the input! )

Joey