Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New 2257 Regulations As Published A Few Minutes Ago..

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskyhunks
    Ok, I read this thing for an hour and a half and it seems that the DOJ based it's decisions on both the Sundance and Library rulings. They did NOT take the hard line approach to "secondary producer" as specified in the Library case. They accepted the Sundance version of "secondary producer" which is particularly meaningful to myself.
    Ok, I'm dead wrong here. They did go with the wording of the Library ruling and I do have new paperwork to deal with. I have to redesign everything, as planned. I sympathize with everyone affected, this is definitely not a good day afterall.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

I'm not Gay...Not that there's anything wrong with that.... EmporerEJ's Avatar
    Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Ok, I'm dead wrong here. They did go with the wording of the Library ruling and I do have new paperwork to deal with. I have to redesign everything, as planned. I sympathize with everyone affected, this is definitely not a good day afterall.
    Well, look at it this way....
    You were happy for a while!
    :goofy:

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    For some unknown reason, I am still happy. I think it's probably because the speculation will, for the most part, come to an end. Either you comply or you don't. The rules are set.

I always knew this day would come. I'm more excited about my life away from adult than reacting to every ruling like I've done for the past few years. My life doesn't revolve around adult, it used to, and I was miserable. I see this as an opportunity to do something else with my life. Things change, people change, governments get conservative, then go to the other side of the pendulum.

I've been waiting for this day and it's finally here. I had a great run but I do not intend on pursuing adult anymore. It's very counter-productive to my happiness and stability and the truth is, i've been slowly letting go for a couple of years. I wish everyone the best and good luck with the injunction.

I'm not Gay...Not that there's anything wrong with that.... EmporerEJ's Avatar
    Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    I always knew this day would come. I'm more excited about my life away from adult than reacting to every ruling like I've done for the past few years. My life doesn't revolve around adult, it used to, and I was miserable. I see this as an opportunity to do something else with my life. Things change, people change, governments get conservative, then go to the other side of the pendulum.

I've been waiting for this day and it's finally here. I had a great run but I do not intend on pursuing adult anymore. It's very counter-productive to my happiness and stability and the truth is, i've been slowly letting go for a couple of years. I wish everyone the best and good luck with the injunction.
    Jesus saves......
    :turban:

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com

i'm glad that the waiting is over.

i will probably stay peripheral in adult - things like college guys showing their feet or in their underwear (no touching). but as far as adult goes, i'm out. i have not the slightest desire to act as custodian for the next 10 years of my life.

also i keep in mind that 2257 is half of a two-pronged attack. obscenity prosecutions will probably be out there.

i'm starting an exciting new part of business - i'll be shooting fully non-nude and non-sexually explicit content for a couple sites. it'll be fun to get out from behind the computer

For some unknown reason, I am still happy. I think it's probably because the speculation will, for the most part, come to an end. Either you comply or you don't. The rules are set.

DamianPPVNetworks

Sympathies accepted...

Lee,

Thanks for catching that digital part. Again, have to read this beast a few times... and make notes. The "digital" alternative, if true, will at least allow us to free up floor space.

However, the task is still a daunting one.

Looking forward to it. Did anyone catch the timeframe by which we need to be compliant? I think we here at PPVNetworks are going to have to hiring several people just for this task alone.

Good luck Basschick. It's a hard decision to make. The thought of all that paperwork, yuck, that is not fun. I'm with you on that one. I will probably be involved in adult somehow, maybe making content, one thing I know I won't do and that's making websites. I think you are right, this is only the beginning of worse things to come. Legal fights come at a great cost. It's simply not worth it.

If anyone knows how to make great content and what to look for it's you :thumbsup:

Bell
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    i'm glad that the waiting is over.

i will probably stay peripheral in adult - things like college guys showing their feet or in their underwear (no touching). but as far as adult goes, i'm out. i have not the slightest desire to act as custodian for the next 10 years of my life.

also i keep in mind that 2257 is half of a two-pronged attack. obscenity prosecutions will probably be out there.

i'm starting an exciting new part of business - i'll be shooting fully non-nude and non-sexually explicit content for a couple sites. it'll be fun to get out from behind the computer

- - - that's an exciting fresh idea... speaking of NON-nude
    are we required to keep any documentation if NO private parts are shown
    and NO sexual activity is depicted - yet the content is on what would otherwise be considered an adult site ??

what will webmasters do - for galleries or free sites they had listed on some of the major TGP's and LL's - if they don't want to bother with the
    documentation rulings and want to pull all that content off those urls -
    would there be a way to substitute non-nude images or text only on an image - and keep the sitse listed with the TGP's or LL's ?? - - - will there be
    something like a group consensus that to become compliant all past submits can change-up the content and remain listed as is ?? - - - or will the TGP and LL owners have a nightmare on their hands of pulling down listings
    per webmasters requestes - or as a gazillion pages become dead in the water...

the ruling affect ONLY visuals and not text - correct ??

is there a consise list of objectionable words, keywords or things to steer clear of ??

~Bell

p.s. basschick - will the companies you are shooting NON-nude for
    be mainstream sites - or ultra careful adult sites ?? will they
    have sponsor programs ??
    - - - if you'd prefer to eMail me - that is cool - here: evelyn937 (at) lycos.com

bell - you do not need to comply with 2257 if your content is completely not sexually explicit. also you are exempt with vintage content, which i'll be ordering from don mike later today.

i'm not shooting for any company - i'm shooting for our little company only. don't know if you could call what i have in mind adult sites, but they will work for adult traffic. i do plan an affiliate program, but only for people i know. that way, i can not have to worry about a lot of things.

btw, check your email for a few details

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    bell - you do not need to comply with 2257 if your content is completely not sexually explicit. also you are exempt with vintage content, which i'll be ordering from don mike later today.
    This is something i was wondering about. I have no sex at all on any of my 200 sites. Just naked men. Closest i have to sex is guys jerking off. However I dont have any cum shots..you think thats ok then???? It would be a big relive if this stuff doesnt apply to me. I just assumed they would say any nudity at all would be sexual content.

shelmal, as lawyers explained to me, jacking off is sexually explicit. spreading ass to show anus is sexually explicit. any u.s. webmaster will be required to post 2257 info and maintain records with that kind of content.

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    Ahh Ok i have some of that..although I could always go back and take all that out...ill have to see what happens. Talked to chad and he was a big help easing my mind aboit. Nice to have a lawyer as a regular on the boards.

Bell

i'm not shooting for any company - i'm shooting for our little company only. don't know if you could call what i have in mind adult sites, but they will work for adult traffic. i do plan an affiliate program, but only for people i know. that way, i can not have to worry about a lot of things.

btw, check your email for a few details

: ) eMail back at you...

and a question for everyone:

is now the time to remove all mention of things like:
    adult babies, diapers, wetting, watersports, golden showers, pissplay,
    cbt, stretchings, sounds, caning, fisting, strapons, etc ??

does the new ruling - pertain to using sponsors banners and buttons as well ??

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    thanks for posting lee

jim

i'm not a lawyer, but the way it was explained to me, yes - for any sexually explicit image on your site, you need to maintain i.d. and all that 2257 stuff.

seems to me that cbt and anything involving penetration are sexually explicit. also most lawyers have told me that if you don't like taking chances with obscenity, not to have any of those niches you list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell
    : ) eMail back at you...

and a question for everyone:

is now the time to remove all mention of things like:
    adult babies, diapers, wetting, watersports, golden showers, pissplay,
    cbt, stretchings, sounds, caning, fisting, strapons, etc ??

does the new ruling - pertain to using sponsors banners and buttons as well ??