Thread: Adsense Question..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Adsense Question..

How long does it normally take Google to get the proper ads showing on a new site instead of the public service ads?

We just setup Adsense on http://www.webmasterglossary.com and im wondering when the real ads will show instead of the ones showing right now?

Regards,

Lee

robin
    It really depends Lee. If your site is brand new to the program it could be a few days or more. Look for the adsense bot or is that adwords bot ( I forget) but if you look through the faq you'll find out it's name.

Instead of letting them serve up public service ads serve up your own. This is easy to do and very allowable. The instructions at adsense are probably a little hazy as to how you do this. So, head over to one of my sites and you can find out how.

Go to this page: http://www.pencildude.net/articles/ and view source. You'll see how to set up the code. Then you'll need to set up the alternate ad correctly. You must set the target to target="_top" otherwise your ad clickers will get stuck in an iframe.

For more Adsense tips check out adsense secrets.

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    i'm seeing relevant ads, Lee...no PSA's

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks guys, yep looks like the relevant ads are showing now, that was a lot quicker than i thought it would be

Regards,

Lee

robin
    There ya go. :sun:

Also keep in mind that the ads served up and *if* ads are served up, all depend on the geo location of the surfer.

Adsense has a handy preview tool that you can add on to your right mouse click menu and use to check out that type of info.