Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much content is necessary to have on a niche paysite?

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    No probs Marc

Judging by the stats im seeing, its a pretty even mix between image and pic usage right now across all 24 sites.

Regards,

Lee
    I wonder if in your case its because theyre on dialup connections, or they just want pictures.

I had a poll on my site once and asked the surfers if they preferred pics or videos, and I was totally suprised that it was split right down the middle, half wanted video and half pics.
    I was expecting like 90% wanted more video and 10% would want pics,
    The picture people said theyre on dialup connections.

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Should I wait until I find 40 sets of redheaded twinks before I launch a site about it? Then I may never find enough and never launch.
    See, this is what I am talking about when I mention retention. If you say you may never launch until you find 40 sets, how long do you think a member will stay a member if you can't even get 40 sets?

From what I have been hearing retention in general is down across the board. There is just an influx of gay sites.

Concerning microniche: I found a site that had my perfect niche. papi.com. Exclusive contenet, hot latin boys, a club feel. The perfect site for my tastes. I joined and loved the content. It was updated regulary. I still stayed only a month. But in a few months I will join again. For another month.

You mentioned AVS and didnt see how you could make money. There are 3 ways to make money from an AVS and the 3rd way may be best for you.

1. Create a site and just put it on the avs link list and leech the traffic. You MAY get a sale to the AVS if you are lucky. Or you may sell to a sponsor or two on the inside. Years ago the UGAS and CA linklist was full of these. They still are.

2. Create AVS site and do a one time submit to wherever you submit your feeder sites. Linklists etc. Here you may make a few sales to the AVS, more than in case 1.

3. Create a really really good AVS site. Spend time and show on the tour you have content. Design banners for it. Create feeder sites, TGP galleries, etc etc all link to your AVS site. This way you have a steady flow of traffic. Treat it like your own paysite.

I did #3 with a niche that I got my content in one of ouniques old 100 sets for $1,000 deals. I think maybe I had at most 30-40 sets. Plus I added vidoe theaters and linked to dvd's in the niche. But I had no hosted video content.

I used Mansites as it was not a BIG AVS like UGAS so the chances of the surfer having a membership was small. And they offered FREE trials which is something you cant do with your own paysite.

So when I created my feeder sites and tgp galleries I liked to my avs site instead of a sponsor. My conversion to my AVS site was like 1:50 something. I was only making $20, but when you consider if I sent that same traffic to a sponsor and converted at 1:400 it was a win win situation. True, I didnt get rebills as if I had my own Paysite, but I didnt deal with customer service, Visa, or chargebacks. Since I could offer as a sales pich access to other sites bla bla bla, the good conversion made up for any money i may have lost in rebills.

The best advice I can give anyone creating a microniche paysite, and this is from my own experience running a mn paysite is having a webcam in the niche. I have the data to back that up.

Good luck on your site. If Basschick gave you the idea, then I am sure it will be a good one.

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    thanks. I dont know if Im competing with anyone. I think people buy a membership based on the niche and/or seeing that ONE guy on the site that they have to get more of.

I dont think surfers will look at my site and then look at puppypass and compare. I think its a trigger on a site that urges them to buy a membership so they get more of the one model they want.
    I agree that members will buy based on seeing one guy in the tour. i have done that. The question is how long will they stay after they see that one guy?

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    See, this is what I am talking about when I mention retention. If you say you may never launch until you find 40 sets, how long do you think a member will stay a member if you can't even get 40 sets?

From what I have been hearing retention in general is down across the board. There is just an influx of gay sites.

Concerning microniche: I found a site that had my perfect niche. papi.com. Exclusive contenet, hot latin boys, a club feel. The perfect site for my tastes. I joined and loved the content. It was updated regulary. I still stayed only a month. But in a few months I will join again. For another month.

You mentioned AVS and didnt see how you could make money. There are 3 ways to make money from an AVS and the 3rd way may be best for you.

1. Create a site and just put it on the avs link list and leech the traffic. You MAY get a sale to the AVS if you are lucky. Or you may sell to a sponsor or two on the inside. Years ago the UGAS and CA linklist was full of these. They still are.

2. Create AVS site and do a one time submit to wherever you submit your feeder sites. Linklists etc. Here you may make a few sales to the AVS, more than in case 1.

3. Create a really really good AVS site. Spend time and show on the tour you have content. Design banners for it. Create feeder sites, TGP galleries, etc etc all link to your AVS site. This way you have a steady flow of traffic. Treat it like your own paysite.

I did #3 with a niche that I got my content in one of ouniques old 100 sets for $1,000 deals. I think maybe I had at most 30-40 sets. Plus I added vidoe theaters and linked to dvd's in the niche. But I had no hosted video content.

I used Mansites as it was not a BIG AVS like UGAS so the chances of the surfer having a membership was small. And they offered FREE trials which is something you cant do with your own paysite.

So when I created my feeder sites and tgp galleries I liked to my avs site instead of a sponsor. My conversion to my AVS site was like 1:50 something. I was only making $20, but when you consider if I sent that same traffic to a sponsor and converted at 1:400 it was a win win situation. True, I didnt get rebills as if I had my own Paysite, but I didnt deal with customer service, Visa, or chargebacks. Since I could offer as a sales pich access to other sites bla bla bla, the good conversion made up for any money i may have lost in rebills.

The best advice I can give anyone creating a microniche paysite, and this is from my own experience running a mn paysite is having a webcam in the niche. I have the data to back that up.

Good luck on your site. If Basschick gave you the idea, then I am sure it will be a good one.

Thats interesting you mention Papi, because Ive been promoting the Topbucks College sex parties site and doing well with it.
    I think that whole 20yo guys wild sex parties is a great idea.

Im in boston and wanted to do something like that since there are so many college students here, but havent done it yet.

Great suggestions, thanks. I do #3 but didnt put in the full effort into it. I tend to make many sites and see what happens.
    This time I spent the time to really focus and I think it will turn out better.

abostonboy
    OMG!

You are in Boston. I have filmed so many guys in Boston.

Manhunt.net is the best place to get them.

I actually filmed Johnny Hazzard before he became a Chi Chi star. Have a good photoset of him and some nice DV video. And a memorable sex session as well.

#3 works well if you implement it right. If you surf MOTN there are many sites that use an AVS that pay the featured price ($200+ a month, depending on category) that advertise their AVS sites.

I just can stress it enough - Retention is a bitch.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    OMG!

You are in Boston. I have filmed so many guys in Boston.

Manhunt.net is the best place to get them.

I actually filmed Johnny Hazzard before he became a Chi Chi star. Have a good photoset of him and some nice DV video. And a memorable sex session as well.

#3 works well if you implement it right. If you surf MOTN there are many sites that use an AVS that pay the featured price ($200+ a month, depending on category) that advertise their AVS sites.

I just can stress it enough - Retention is a bitch.
    Thats interesting, Husky Hunks said the same thing about Manhunt.
    You shoot in your own studio?

abostonboy
    Marc,

I have a big loft in Boston. Lots of open space. And believe it or not i sneak in some public nudity in a few place i found. You may know them. Hehehehe.

I have an idea for a redhead site if that's what you are doing. It's sortta crazy but very unique in that you can get on the reality bandwagon so to speak. And I think it would retain members as well.

If you have aim abostonboy2003

BTW, Manhunt is so easy both to hookup and get models.

if you can barely find content to get started, find a niche you CAN find content for.

and consider this - i made great sales with my black muscle site and the content was easy as pie to find. create a micro niche out of a heavy traffic niche - big dick twinks, uncut black cocks - or go with a niche that there's a lot of traffic for but not many sites like big dick or uncut. there's plenty of content for all of these and they should have a big chunk of traffic.

or create a niche out of what's already there - like content from the body shoppe. you could create an uncle don site - creepy though he is, our surfers liked the content - or a site that claims the guys are all from one college or one city. make it a famous city or a famous college or invent one.

or how about spoiled rich brats? you could do that out of all sorts of amateur and twink stuff by cutting off the interviews when necessary and adding profiles.

abostonboy
    How about this.....

Do your readhead site, but make it a reality site.

In addition to your models that are true redheads, why not take a model a month and die his hair red. Show a before and after shoot. "Pretend" he has to be a redhead for a month. Find a good writer, and post every week what its like to be a redhead. Then at the end of the month ask him yes or no are you keeping the redhair? Of course it can all be make believe exceppt for the hair coloring part.

I don't like redheads but I may joing a site like just just for kicks.

abostonboy
    Basschick,

No more talk about uncut. Hehehehehehe.

Let me update my sig first, ok?

Just Kidding....