Thread: Ccbill and Text Review

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    They offer a trial.

Max,

I like tours that mimic the inside.

Something like this
    http://www.hisfirsthugecock.com/s2/index.html

Where u see maybe at the top your general stuff, then have model pages. where below each model page you can advertise your filler content.

Its a stcky type tour.

The reality sites really were the first to show what was in the members area.

Their tours can be mimicked to suit a non reality site with minimal scripting.

This still sells.
    http://www.boysfirsttime.com/main.htm?p=clean

Create something around that idea with your models, but add below all your filler content. maybe create three filler content tables to randomly insert. One for vids, one for all the other pics, one stressing live stuff. Whatever.

I will have video previews in the tour, but this is not a reality site man. Look I have been working for about 16 hours now I am getting really short. What I am looking for is just advice on my text, I know it would be better if I can going around the world shooting guys all day just for my site and have 10 million dollars in the bank but that is not my situation. I have to work with what I have is the bottom line.

abostonboy
    live feeds nowadays are almost useless.

maxpower
    live feeds nowadays are almost useless.

Tell me about it, only thing they are good for is in the tour really, people like to hear you have them but really do not give a shit later on. JO stuff is just lame.

JO stuff is over 50% of my outside paysite sales. JO rules - but live feeds are boring as a rule.

max, i know you'll ignore but i'm going to give you a piece of professional advice. do not make your live feeds sound more exciting than they are.

people have paid me for this advice and are happy they listened. i feel fairly certain you won't but it has helped people who DID make a big deal out of boring live feeds where the guys aren't really available for chat all night.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    JO stuff is over 50% of my outside paysite sales. JO rules - but live feeds are boring as a rule.

max, i know you'll ignore but i'm going to give you a piece of professional advice. do not make your live feeds sound more exciting than they are.

people have paid me for this advice and are happy they listened. i feel fairly certain you won't but it has helped people who DID make a big deal out of boring live feeds where the guys aren't really available for chat all night.

I know I am not making that big a deal of the live feed, if you look I only say something about them in one place. Its less than 5% of the text, but if I can not push them in my tour I might as well remove every one of the today. Personally I really do not think most people even read all this text in the tour and only skim it. Looking for videos and pictures, “eye candy” that is why I repeated the words I did so many times in different ways. What do you think is the average time a person looks at a site like 45-90 seconds, personally I think they have a bit of a check list like “moves” “videos” “live Cams” Exclusive Content maybe” but most of what they decide to do is based on what they visually see and like or do not like

abostonboy
    Live feeds are dead. Downloadable dvd content is in. Next year it will be something else.

Focus on whatever makes your site different than anyone elses. If its the youngest most hardcore twink fucking site. Push it.

Different people will give different advice.

Basschick may look at wrestleme.com and say that site is horrible. It is. But it converted like a mother fucker when python would allow you to send traffic to it.

I can give you stats on playingboys.com - I marketed it for six months with exclusively MOTN traffic. Total cost I paid for traffic was $1800. never marketed anywhere else. just checked stats. Lifetime sales 5310.12

I to do well with jerk off sites. I think the reason MAY be the fantasy that is created. You see a guy jerk off and in your mind you think what would it be like if it was me an him. When you add a fuck scene to it the fantasy is gone. Now its him and someone else.

just go with your gut feeling and adjust accordingly. My last paysite I needed to get up soon. i spent maybe three hours doing a tour myself with the intention of getting someone to re do it. I never changed the tour. It jsut worked. And I am by no means a designer....

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    I know I am not making that big a deal of the live feed, if you look I only say something about them in one place. Its less than 5% of the text, but if I can not push them in my tour I might as well remove every one of the today. Personally I really do not think most people even read all this text in the tour and only skim it. Looking for videos and pictures, “eye candy” that is why I repeated the words I did so many times in different ways. What do you think is the average time a person looks at a site like 45-90 seconds, personally I think they have a bit of a check list like “moves” “videos” “live Cams” Exclusive Content maybe” but most of what they decide to do is based on what they visually see and like or do not like
    Show what you got on the inside on the outside. Show them you update. Show them something different than they will find on Ugas sites.

maxpower
    Live feeds are dead. Downloadable dvd content is in. Next year it will be something else.

Focus on whatever makes your site different than anyone elses. If its the youngest most hardcore twink fucking site. Push it.

Different people will give different advice.

Basschick may look at wrestleme.com and say that site is horrible. It is. But it converted like a mother fucker when python would allow you to send traffic to it.

I can give you stats on playingboys.com - I marketed it for six months with exclusively MOTN traffic. Total cost I paid for traffic was $1800. never marketed anywhere else. just checked stats. Lifetime sales 5310.12

I to do well with jerk off sites. I think the reason MAY be the fantasy that is created. You see a guy jerk off and in your mind you think what would it be like if it was me an him. When you add a fuck scene to it the fantasy is gone. Now its him and someone else.

just go with your gut feeling and adjust accordingly. My last paysite I needed to get up soon. i spent maybe three hours doing a tour myself with the intention of getting someone to re do it. I never changed the tour. It jsut worked. And I am by no means a designer....

OK finally something I can use, I will say something about downloadable DVD stuff in the tour that is a good idea.

Not to sure I could say the site is the youngest twink site around, its really NOT a CP site. The guys are 18-22 or so, but I will let the images and videos speak for the youngest stuff. I did get some brand new images to use in the tour I believe most people have not seen yet in other graphics.

I guess its just me, but I think JO sites suck I would not join one maybe thats why I do not think others really would

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    I guess its just me, but I think JO sites suck I would not join one maybe thats why I do not think others really would
    That's why you have to try new sponsors and niches. I never thought anyone would join a bear site either. But when ARS released bearLovin, MAX I WAS LOVIN BEARS!

Two years from now, you may be running a paysite in a niche you totally hate. I know many white guys that don't like uncut white guys. They think its nasty. But it's a niche that sells.

It's weird in that some of the most successful webmasters that promote gay sites are straight. Why? Because they hate all the content. Even the idea of being gay turns them off. But they approach it from a business point of view, not what their tastes are. They let the market determine what sells and what doesn't.

abostonboy
    Max,

IF you are doing downloadable dvd content, do a version for ipod as well and market that.

maxpower
    Max,

IF you are doing downloadable dvd content, do a version for ipod as well and market that.

Maybe in the future I will do this ipod, its just I have so much on my plate right now with everything else.

I can see bear stuff selling, and even this uncut stuff, but JO sites just seemed really boring “why live feeds suck so much” I have some JO feeds in my site that almost no one ever even looks at when its free. Solo stuff is ok if the guy is supper Hott, but if not I stay away from that stuff.

You have any more suggestions like the Downloadable DVD stuff I could add in the text?

abostonboy
    I mean you can say NO DRM protection.

But it's so easy to make movies compatible w/ ipods and its a great selling point.

Here's some good text "ideas" when u wanna stress dvd downloads.

http://studport.com/DVD/pool-party/

his content is all plugins - but i haven't seen any plugins with DRM, so he can probably say that, and it's something members do worry about.

max, do you know what downloadable DVD content is? 'cause it sure isn't available on plugins, which - for the most part - are fair to low in quality.

btw, abostonboy, i made bank with playingboys back in the day

abostonboy
    Yea,

bass, I only bought 6 months of ads and was too lazy to do any sites. i wish I did. It was a good tour, but the members area was a little skimpy on the videos.

Max, I am sorry i thought you were buying dvds and cutting up the scenes. I saw that in other posts.

I think I am leaving this topic alone as I am confused at to what your site really is.

I saw you wanting to buy content. So i thought you were buying dvds. Dvd's are usually 1024k for near quality dvd.

And many surfers don't like DRM and it's good to stress if you don't use. Its not even about copying, it streams weird. I get pauses many times.

Btw Bass, i wasn't trying to brag or anything about playing boys. i just wanted to give Max some concrete facts about a tour and what certain traffic did on it.

Anyways no more on this topic for me. SERIOUSLY!

does that mean if i leave you a post on this thread, you won't answer it?

btw, i saw a site recently that REALLY had downloadable DVDs. they were the FULL dvds - all the extras and stuff - and at remarkable quality, although not actual DVD quality, which i hear from chip is between 3000 and 8000k.

Anyways no more on this topic for me. SERIOUSLY!