Thread: Where to buy...

krusher

Where to buy...

....a new monitor. My 21 inch took a shit I think.:boo:

Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy for a 20-30 inch lcd?

Thanks.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It sounds stupid but go to Best Buy.

Also, be sure to join their 'rewards' program to for $10.

I think Gary recently got a flat panel Sony from Best Buy for around $300, with joining the rewards program, he got an additional $30 in gift certificates too

Regards,

Lee

krusher
    Cool, I guess I'll check them out.

Thanks Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If you have Fry's in your area, I would definitely check there as well, though do your own research, don't rely on the losers in the sales department, as they consistently give out blatantly wrong info (prolly true of best buy too).

Frys sells a "Gem" brand monitor that we have two of. 21" I think. They were dirt cheap, like $200 or $175, and have been reliable and seem to be good quality. Plus they have both VGA and the newer digital in (can't remember what it's called.)

Also... beware Best Buy's extended service plan. They used to replace a defective product, now they sent it off to somewhere far away for weeks to get it repaired, and offers no loaners. Fry's will fix your unit within 5 days in most cases, and will give you a loaner.

abostonboy
    Actually Dell has one of the top rated monitors at the best price and it ALWAYS gets high marks in all the mags.

I love this Monitor.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=320-4688

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    watch out for the DELL LCDs
    their newer and some of the older models are plagued by problems

read about dead pixel policy and probably buy one from a retail store so that you can open it there and see if it has any dead pixels before you take it home

The older ones bleed light and the newest ones that just came out have problems with colors

I almost bought one till I read so many people complaining about defective monitors.

Im waiting for the 24" LCDs to fall in price so I can grab one saw one at Circuit City and they look spiffy!

abostonboy
    I heard good reviews about Dell.

But I agree w/ Jigg, the 24's are hot. It's just MOST stores right now go upto 20 - 21 and that's about it.

(: