Thread: Money in gaming and dieting forums?

Marc

Money in gaming and dieting forums?

I have some domains for some popular videos games, and some for weight loss.
    Was wondering what the potential is for making a forum about specific video games and for dieting.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Its been my experience that specific forums are actually some of the hardest to populate and monetize.

The primary problem being, until you have enough 'posts' on the forum, you are going to lose traffic because surfers will see the board but, think it isnt busy therefore not post.

That being said, a work around could be to create a broader forum and use the domains you have as feeder forums but, this is going to mean that you will need to have a main forum that is reasonably busy before you can utilize the domains to create sub forums.

IMHO you are going to see much better results by creating a forum with a wider appeal then branching that out in to several smaller forums than creating several smaller forums from the off-set

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    I have some domains for some popular videos games, and some for weight loss.
    Was wondering what the potential is for making a forum about specific video games and for dieting.
    Marc,
    Would be interested in talking to you about the videogames. I buy/sell those on ebay. Never thought a blog I created on dremcast would take off like it did....
    If developed right, you can make some cash as an ebay affiliate. Lot's of "clubs" you can create to get lots of posts in places like gamespot etc. Those guys lov to post, no matter how "dead" the forum is.

As far as wieght loss, you can buy 5,000 articles to get you started for lik $10 or less....

Just create a buch of users and post them as articles from different users.

So are gambling sites legal again?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Solange
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Marc,

As far as wieght loss, you can buy 5,000 articles to get you started for lik $10 or less....

Just create a buch of users and post them as articles from different users.
    Abostonboy, I would like to learn about a place where I can buy articles, could you help, please? Thank you