Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Try This Billing Option?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    No... You shouldn't. they wont pay it.

You are charging them a low ENTRY price to see your content and hopes that they will become a full member. Then you give them a better rate for a 30 day membership. A BETTER rate. If you have a 3 day trial, and you rebill at $3 every 3 days, that's $90 a month. That's why the sytem of after the initial price they pay, you go down in price. Either by offering a monthly membership at the same price (that is less than if they kept rebilling the trial) or a loyalty discount.

Loyalty discounts work very well. I have stats on that.

Lets screw the surfer out of everything we can. Maybe there are enough ididots out there that will fall for it.
    Are there any of the large PPS sponsors that offer the surfer a reduced membership cost month after month after the initial $2-$3 trial price?

I realize loyalty discounts work well, i to have stats on them but, that isnt the topic right now, we're talking about increasing the cost of a membership as the amount of content a member gets access to increases.

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee

If the surfer joined for $2.95, then they should only be rebilled at $2.95 every 3 days i mean after all, they have already seen the content so they are only getting an extra 1k or so pics a month, why charge them more for content that they have already seen?
    HUGH? Check your math.

Charging them $30 a month after a 3 day trial is the same price as if they rebilled 10 times.

Expept, you at leats keep them 30 days.

abostonboy
    Are there any of the large PPS sponsors that offer the surfer a reduced membership cost month after month after the initial $2-$3 trial price?

I realize loyalty discounts work well, i to have stats on them but, that isnt the topic right now, we're talking about increasing the cost of a membership as the amount of content a member gets access to increases.

Regards,

Lee
    I would just join a new site....

So many paysite operators don't realize that their members are their best assets. We try and go out of our way to get affiliatees to market our sites. higher payouts everything under the sun. Then look at what we try and do with our members.

I think you would get a lot of chargebacks. And a lot of 1 month members. And probably more customers to your competition.

So my advice - Please do it!

I think you would get a lot of chargebacks.
    So you dont know for certain that is what will happen, its just your opinion.

The same thing was said when i added the multi-month memberships that rebilled, i was told id get nothing but chargebacks from surfers when they started to get rebilled.

Almost 6 months on and i havent had a single chargeback from a multi-month membership sale and, rebills keep rolling in nicely.

Im actually going to try offering a monthly membership for $29.95 that does rebill at $39.95 after the first month to see how that affects sales, my guess right now, is that just like with the multi-month rebilling price point, ill see a steady increase in profits from those members who join using that as an option.

Even if they cancell after the first rebill, thats still an additional $5 that both the affiliate and i have made that we otherwise wouldnt have gotten.

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    Try it if you want man, most people look at a members site the same as a blockbuster video anyway might as well charge them the “late charges” too, that said not sure I would do that on a main stream site :honest:

abostonboy
    The chargeback is the least of the worries.

Lee. I don't think anyone will agree w/ you on this.

IMHO any paysite owner that does this must think that their sontent i so valuable that an extra few sets a month an an extra few vidoes are worth an extra whatever you want to charge. This is bullshit.

It's just a way to be greedy with members.

They have already seen 99% of your site the first month. Is that extra little content you are giving them really worth extra money.

With retention rates down acroos the board, why do something that will drop it even further?

And when I say retention rates down, MAYBE your sites retain longer than others, though after seeing the members area I highly doubt it. I mean years ago you could expect an average 5-6 month retention. Now it's about 3. Yes, there are exceptions.

So should we as an industry try and decrease the retention rates or try and increase them.

Offering a higher price for a little extra contenet is NOT the answer to higher retention. And that's not rocket science.

And when I say retention rates down, MAYBE your sites retain longer than others, though after seeing the members area I highly doubt it. I mean years ago you could expect an average 5-6 month retention. Now it's about 3. Yes, there are exceptions.
    I guess im an exception then.

On average, retention is around the 4-5 month time frame on our top 10 sites, some have members that are still rebilling from October last year when we launched that are still visiting the sites on a regular basis.

On the smaller sites, retention is around 3 months, which is still more than what you could make on most PPS sponsors.

I made a post a few weeks back with our retention figures across the board, you might want to run a search and see if you can find it, there are some really nice stats in it.

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy

The same thing was said when i added the multi-month memberships that rebilled, i was told id get nothing but chargebacks from surfers when they started to get rebilled.

Almost 6 months on and i havent had a single chargeback from a multi-month membership sale and, rebills keep rolling in nicely.
    All my multi membership options were worth more than the single in the long haul.

Fuck, I will give you the figures.

On a 14.95 site and a 29.95 per 3 month.

my $15 was worth on average 88.32
    my $30 was worth on average 112.47

Whoever told you multi months was a bad idea was terribly mistaken...

abostonboy
    I guess im an exception then.

On average, retention is around the 4-5 month time frame on our top 10 sites, some have members that are still rebilling from October last year when we launched that are still visiting the sites on a regular basis.

On the smaller sites, retention is around 3 months, which is still more than what you could make on most PPS sponsors.

I made a post a few weeks back with our retention figures across the board, you might want to run a search and see if you can find it, there are some really nice stats in it.

Regards,

Lee
    I have learned that paysite operators will say anything when they run a revshare to get webmasters to market their sites. And have learned to divide the number in half.

I would love to ask some GWW members what their retention is, but how many market your sites? That's the sad part.....

The chargeback is the least of the worries.
    Um no, chargebacks are the primary thing a paysite owner needs to worry about, if they go over a certain limit, they lose their processing abilities, no processing means no way to generate income.

Lee. I don't think anyone will agree w/ you on this.
    Im really not to bothered about that, most people disagreed with me on adding a multi-month rebilling price point, i still have it

IMHO any paysite owner that does this must think that their sontent i so valuable that an extra few sets a month an an extra few vidoes are worth an extra whatever you want to charge. This is bullshit.
    To me, it has absolutely nothing to do with the value of the content, i dont have any exclusive content inside our sites, what it is about is maximizing the profitability of my business, if i can charge an additional $10 a month and, the members still pay it, then it would be stupid of me NOT to charge an additional $10 a month... Thats like free money, for both my affiliates and me.

With retention rates down acroos the board, why do something that will drop it even further?
    In your opinion, as you have said, you dont have any proof that raising the monthly membership WILL lower retention. Right now, its just a hypothesis, it may be correct it may be incorrect but, we'll not know unless it is given a chance.

I mean years ago you could expect an average 5-6 month retention. Now it's about 3. Yes, there are exceptions.
    Lets say that on average a member retains for 3 months, at $29.95 a month including the initial month that works out to $119.80.

Now lets say the rebill price is raised to $39.95 including the initial month, that now works out to $149.80 that is an extra $30 for doing absolutely nothing but spending 5 minutes to add another pricing option in the CCBill webadmin.

You are telling me that you would throw an extra $30 per member away for doing so little work, WITHOUT even seeing if it works based on a 'theory' that is, as yet, unproven one way or the other?

Regards,

Lee

Whoever told you multi months was a bad idea was terribly mistaken...
    You might want to speak to some of the people in this thread then..

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=15513

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy
    Then do it. Good luck.

Maybe I should do a search on gyf for european lee. That's where the good stuff about you is.

Then do it. Good luck.

Maybe I should do a search on gyf for european lee. That's where the good stuff about you is.
    Sure, go for it.

I dont think there is anyone on GWW who hasnt already seen those threads anyway LOL

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy
    You might want to speak to some of the people in this thread then..

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=15513

Regards,

Lee
    Concerning that thread. I agree with basschick.

Paco
    The recurring multiple month memberships (which BTW work better than GREAT, and RARELY chargeback! Ours are 3-months for $72.24 - offered to all since since 1997. They've out sold out $19.95 offer, which has been skidded.) is not even remotely close to what Lee is proposing --- that 3-monther thingy does not piss-off the members, where as th@ other shat will <-- MH&HO !

Lee is simply asking what we think - he is not forcing us to do anything!

As for what the GFY'rs think of Lee ... th@ has NOTHING to do with this thread, as well (and more importantly) is of no concern to me, and I am assuming to none of the other folks at GWW.
    Otherwise WTF are you/they here (reeeeeferin to whatever person has 'iss___ewes' - damn-it ... say it with meaning, like Stewie would!)?

abostonboy - as far as I am concerned, you are attacking, or you're threatening, Lee, merely because you do not like his hair-brainer-crack-smoking-how-fucking-drunk-is-he idear!
    Hmm.

Don't like it = kewl.
    Like it = cool.
    Either way = yup, you guessed it ... kuh_oooooL !
    Getting agro = NOT kewl, cool or kuh_oooool!