Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Slump a Myth?

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Not only is it summer in just the Northern Hemisphere but in warm climates like the US south most people stay inside during the hottest part of the day.

I live in Texas. Going outside at 2 in the afternoon is certain death! Lol. I used to live in Minnesota and spent every single Summer day outside and every Winter day inside. Now I spend every summer day inside unless I can go to the beach... and we don't have any in Dallas. I have to drive 4 hours to Galveston to swim in the Gulf or 3 1/2 hours to Austin to swim in their beautiful lakes. Gee Max... Dallas is so wonderful.

Texas in summer was hell on earth for me... nice and cool inside, A/C on all day, walk outside feeling like you're bing suffocated by the thick air... tuff stuff there

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    Summer slowdown, online and in brick and mortar, is due to people being outdoors and active. You disagree and we just have a difference of opinion no dramas
    Squirt,

Thats just my point, im NOT disagreeing with you im saying affiliates and 'customers' for bricks and mortar stores are the same thing.

1) Affiliates dont make as many sales because they dont work as much due to them taking time off, enjoying the summer.

2) Bricks and mortar stores experience the slowdown because ther customers take vacations also.

Cusomters, in bricks and mortar businesses and 'online' affiliates, in this sense, are the same thing, both customers (bricks and mortar) and affiliates (online) take time off work during the summer for vacations, partying, whatever, that is why the summer months appear slower for affiliates and are slower for bricks and mortar retailers in the 'real' world.

Having worked in retail for about 6 years after leaving college i know what these trends are, statistically, the months of August to October are the slowest, year after year for retail stores, just as they are for those of us working in the online industry, because everyone takes vacation during these months and, October to December are the times when people are starting to think about their Xmas shopping so, trading (for retailers) picks up again. Then, towards the end of December, trading slows down and in January, when the 'sales' start, trade picks up again as do 'returns'.

The paragraph above, also holds true for 'affiliates' because, just like everyone else during those time frames, we take vacations, we start thinking about Xmas, we start thinking about the January sales, etc etc

This is also the reason why back in the day, the old school PPS sponsors used to bump their shave up, because they knew that this additional shave could be explained for all the same reasons i just did in this post.

Regards,

Lee

blah blah blah...
    i personally think that the "summer slow down" is a myth. i don't know about you guys, but i need to j/o as much in the summer as i do in the winter

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Not only is it summer in just the Northern Hemisphere but in warm climates like the US south most people stay inside during the hottest part of the day.

I live in Texas. Going outside at 2 in the afternoon is certain death! Lol. I used to live in Minnesota and spent every single Summer day outside and every Winter day inside. Now I spend every summer day inside unless I can go to the beach... and we don't have any in Dallas. I have to drive 4 hours to Galveston to swim in the Gulf or 3 1/2 hours to Austin to swim in their beautiful lakes. Gee Max... Dallas is so wonderful.

No one said you have to go to bed at sun down grand pap :disguise: I normally go swimming at the pool after dark sometimes its really nice to swim at 1am or so. You could go to the brazos river and float down stream that’s ok in the day “trees” and who in the hell wants to swim in the ocean at Galveston Ewwwwwwww might was well next time take a canoeing trip to the east river in New Jersey. Dallas has more than 5 big lakes try one of them and get a boat, I am willing to bet you live no father than 10 miles from a lake. TX is one of the only places its warm enough to constantly remove the top on my jeep with out freezing to death even in the summer at night. I did live their its really never above 100 more than 2 weeks “14 days” a year, and only for a few hours at a time, and well lets just say effects the more portly among us allot more.

maxpower
    BTW I live on the beach in Long Beach, see hundreds of people go every day down to the ocean and other than getting their feet wet only less than 5% really go swimming or get in the water at all, its to cold and dirty for me or most of them to even think about it. So its not like the ocean thing really flys most places in the world.