Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Another AEBN Error

maxpower
    Ya its kinda hit and miss with the segs, but most of them do not work. Only like the top 2 or 3 feeds like Str8 Bait work completely correct. It has been like that for months now, I have told them many times but get no place with them. They say stuff like next month we will fix it cuzz we can not do anything while the movies are up with out taking down the whole site, and other BS like that. I would really appreciate it if you could get them to do something about it. Personally I know this error has caused me to use more bandwidth that I would other wise and probably pissed a few people off.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Ya its kinda hit and miss with the segs, but most of them do not work. Only like the top 2 or 3 feeds like Str8 Bait work completely correct. It has been like that for months now, I have told them many times but get no place with them. They say stuff like next month we will fix it cuzz we can not do anything while the movies are up with out taking down the whole site, and other BS like that. I would really appreciate it if you could get them to do something about it. Personally I know this error has caused me to use more bandwidth that I would other wise and probably pissed a few people off.
    You're defintely right it doesn cause bandwidth because someone picks a scene to see that scene if they don't see that scene they are going to have to skim through the movie to find it. I will definitely bring it up to them. If they want to keep me as a client they are going to have to fix alot of things.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com View Post
    You're defintely right it doesn cause bandwidth because someone picks a scene to see that scene if they don't see that scene they are going to have to skim through the movie to find it. I will definitely bring it up to them. If they want to keep me as a client they are going to have to fix alot of things.

Mark

I really do hope they will fix it for you man, cuzz they just blew off everything I asked them to fix. Your site is bigger than my site is so maybe they will do it for you, but to tell the truth that really should not have mattered that much they should still treat me the same almost anyway. I can only get them to talk to me at all if I post stuff on the boards about them other than that they do not return my e-mails.

If they try to tell you they can not fix it until “Next Month” like 30 days or so from when you ask don’t believe it man, they said that for 2 months and still did not fix all the problems when I asked. Its just a stalling tactic they use for this problem or the way it looked to me anyway.

the error his site is getting is Feeds Disabled.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    the error his site is getting is Feeds Disabled.
    I will PM you about this Bass

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    AEBN is the largest VOD provider -- and largest gay VOD provider by far, but from what our studio rep told us, gay is a drop in the bucket compared to straight for them.

My guess is that if something breaks, it's probably global (not just their gay feeds) and they are going to be waaaaaaay more interested in getting their straight feeds fixed before their gay ones.

I've also gotten the impression that they aren't exactly working 70 hour weeks down there, and so they may not have much staffing on the weekends. A lot of companies, when they get that large, get rather arrogant. (In the VOD world, though, some *much* smaller providers have waaaaaay more arrogance than AEBN has... anyone who has dealt with the company I'm referring to will know exactly which one I'm speaking of...)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    AEBN is the largest VOD provider -- and largest gay VOD provider by far, but from what our studio rep told us, gay is a drop in the bucket compared to straight for them.

My guess is that if something breaks, it's probably global (not just their gay feeds) and they are going to be waaaaaaay more interested in getting their straight feeds fixed before their gay ones.

I've also gotten the impression that they aren't exactly working 70 hour weeks down there, and so they may not have much staffing on the weekends. A lot of companies, when they get that large, get rather arrogant. (In the VOD world, though, some *much* smaller providers have waaaaaay more arrogance than AEBN has... anyone who has dealt with the company I'm referring to will know exactly which one I'm speaking of...)
    I could not imagine any worse customer support Chip. I think I know what you are referring to though. If it from a vod site and they gave such incredibly horrible customer support I would just move on. It is just not worth it.

I would of dropped aebn long ago but they do have a good product but honestly it has ran across my mind many times. I hate companies with horrible customer support and who treat employees badly it is a huge pet peeve of mine. Instead of resting yesterday and getting better I spent the entire day trying to get my feeds back up and lost many members and pissed off alot too. My promise is no matter how big I get I will always provide good customer support and treat everyone well. I pay my employess alot more than normal and I always make sure they are happy. I guess I am not like most businesses though.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    btw, I might as well put a plug in for Doggone Media (part of the Badpuppy network) as far as VOD goes. They are definitely the underdog at the moment (pun intended) in that they are a small player, but there is NO ONE in the business that works as hard or provides as amazing service as Jonathan Morris (who almost singlehandedly runs the show there.)

Both as an affiliate and as a studio client of Doggone Media, we've found their service to be extraordinary, payouts accurate and on time, quality and reliability to be superb, and a very genuine interest in partnership and cooperation... if you need anything unusual or special, and it's remotely possible, they'll make it happen for you.

We will very soon be announcing a special deal for affiliates that sign up for Doggone Media through Gaybucks that will net you a better deal than pretty much any other VOD provider will offer (and better than you'd get through Doggone Media directly...) and I believe that anyone with VOD traffic should consider giving them a try.

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    I have to say I havent noticed a prob with them but I dont normally go there that often to check. Their feeds are a small part of our sites, but I have heard some significant complaints when they were not on. I guess they only have four movies a month that directly apply to our niche, although some of the other niches get some traffic.

When we first got them they had trouble getting the recurring billing set up properly. So each month I missed the invoice and they are sure quick to snap them off if I am a day late I guess that could add up to a significant risk if they happen to be fly by night. I do agree you would think they would look at customer history. I didnt really have one then; I would be major pissed it if happened today.

I hooked up with someone there and I guess she didnt want me to hear me bitch anymore about them not auto-billing so she flagged my account and would remind me each month on the day it was due if I hadnt paid it. She made sure that they finally got that auto billing shit straightened out after a few months. I am still not even sure if she is really my rep or not.

But Kelly has always been responsive anytime I had a prob, and she hits the board quick when I alert her on icq of a post. The other time they got switched off was when I got a new CC and the expiration date needed changing. Both times this happened, we got a lot of customer service emails because they were off.

And before I get accused, No Max, I am not sucking any dick, at AEBN at least. This is just my actual experience. Your mileage may vary. Obviously it does. I'm not sure what it would be like if I was dealing with someone else there, she is the only one I ever have to hit up.