Thread: New Plan

bootshiner1

New Plan

Ok, it sounds like I have a few improvements to make:

1. I need to decide my revenue idea. For me, I am planning to mainly make money from the sale to paysites (ie, the maxcash.com links, among others). The reason I have AVS entry into the site is I heard it was the "responsible" thing to do, since I have some hardcore (ie, fucking) pictures on the site.

2. I need to create entry points for multiple AVS systems, each featuring just that one AVS. Then I need to create a free web page that has all my recip-links to the link lists that I am listed with, per their conditions. I should also consider going with AVS systems with fewer sites, so I have a chance of getting seen when the surfer comes looking for my niche. Mancheck and GMPass were recommended

3. I need to divide up my galleries into smaller picture collections - no more than 10 per page, and I need to limit the banner and text advertising to just one per gallery. And I should perhaps look at spliting my 4 galleries I have now into multiple sites. So basically I may change to have 10 websites, each with like 20 or 30 pics max, and each of those showing only 10 thumbnails per page inside the site.

A couple things I'm unclear on:
    1. Luke, you mentioned that I should use a sponsor that isn't overused. You mean someone other than maxcash? Is that mainly because the sponsor advertising banners will be more original and fresh? How do I know who is smaller, yet reputable (one thing I heard about in this industry is sometimes sponsors don't pay you).

2. What exactly is a "per join" payment? Is that when my websurfer buys something from one of the paysites through a link on my own site, and I get a fixed, one-time amount? And revshare, I'm assuming that is when I get a percentage of the monthly subscription that someone pays over a recurring basis?

Thanks for indulging the newbie. This is the hardest step for me to learn - how to sell with the website. I can do all the technical stuff, but a website with lots of traffic is just a hobby - and one that doesn't feed me. Thai food is expensive, ya know.

Thanks!
    Tim

Try me, you'll like me.

GaryAlan
    Hiya Tim!!!

Quote:
    A couple things I'm unclear on:
    1. Luke, you mentioned that I should use a sponsor that isn't overused. You mean someone other than maxcash? Is that mainly because the sponsor advertising banners will be more original and fresh? How do I know who is smaller, yet reputable (one thing I heard about in this industry is sometimes sponsors don't pay you).

I know you addressed this to Luke, but I’m going to throw in my opinions ; ) The one thing I strongly suggest is test. I agree that many times less seen, newer sites do very well; however. Your point of payments can be an issue. Check to see if the program you choose has a reputation, good or bad, and also see WHO is doing the pay outs. Many smaller companies will pay their affiliates through the e processor – like Glo-bill, Epoch, etc. In those cases some webmaster feel a little more comfortable knowing their payments are coming from a third party.

On the other hand, I also like working with well-established programs that convert. Many of the larger companies have sites that sell and over time have the formula down on how to convert a surfer. Even though the sites have been around for a long time, doesn’t mean they won’t sell. Especially since there are new surfers joining the web everyday as well as site whores (people who join multiple sites). And, many of the larger companies do tend to roll out new sites consistently to add avenues for you to sell.

The bottom line is to test what works – what sells for me on my traffic may not sell well for you and your traffic.

Quote:
    2. What exactly is a "per join" payment? Is that when my websurfer buys something from one of the paysites through a link on my own site, and I get a fixed, one-time amount? And revshare, I'm assuming that is when I get a percentage of the monthly subscription that someone pays over a recurring basis?

Your definition of a per join is correct. Same for your rev share definition! = ) Just be sure to read the terms of the rev share program if you join one… SOME also share the expenses with you – such as charge backs and/or associated fees for cancellations. For that matter per join or rev share, always remember to read the fine print.

There's my two cents ; ) to go toward your next Thai take out order!! LOL

My best,
    GA

Gary-Alan
    Gay Wide Webmasters
    http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com

GA Media Corp.

Dzinerbear1
    HI all,

Moderate newb here. Thanks for all of the great information. However, now I'm unclear as to what the difference is between a REVshare program and the commissions a webmaster earns from an AVS. Or is their a difference?

Can anyone give some examples of some good and under-seen REVshare programs, or is that a no-no on this board?

Finally, can anyone address my htaccess post in the general discussion board?

Thanks
    Michael

GaryAlan1
    Hiya Michael!

Quote:
    HI all,

Moderate newb here. Thanks for all of the great information. However, now I'm unclear as to what the difference is between a REVshare program and the commissions a webmaster earns from an AVS. Or is their a difference?

From the AVS programs I've worked with there really is no difference. Some vary their commission percentages based on the membership size, but other than that I'd say it's pretty much the same.

Quote:
    Can anyone give some examples of some good and under-seen REVshare programs, or is that a no-no on this board?

Well it's not a no-no, in that I ask that you check out the resource section of the site... such as:
    http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/Ad_Programs/ there are a lot of new, as well as established programs in there. Also, feel free to visit our sponsors ; )

Quote:
    Finally, can anyone address my htaccess post in the general discussion board?

Take a look at my response in that thread... I need more info to undestand what it is you are looking for.

My best,
    GA

Gary-Alan
    Gay Wide Webmasters

GA Media Corp.

rick1
    There are a few sites that do nothing but list sponsors and you can search for them by niche/fetish ... but I'm not going to get on Gary-Alan's bad side and post any links

Pretty much every major sponsor has a handful of gay sites. One has close to 2 dozen high-quality sites.

GaryAlan
    Quote:
    There are a few sites that do nothing but list sponsors and you can search for them by niche/fetish ... but I'm not going to get on Gary-Alan's bad side and post any links

LOL Rick am I that bad? hehehehe Thanks for thinking though! Do I take that as a suggestion that I should re work the directory to include niches specifics? LOL

To add to the lookup list try http://www.adult-sponsor-programs.com you find niche specific there too ; )

My best,
    GA

Gary-Alan
    Gay Wide Webmasters

chilihost1
    Me thinks GA has answered the lot! But if not, just post again.

Cheers,

Luke