Thread: Suggestions to generate website traffic

HungBrandon1

Suggestions to generate website traffic

I am an independant phonesex operator. I'm on a limited budget. Any suggestions for generating traffic and CALLS to my webpage? This is all rather new to me. I don't understand all the jargon yet.

Anyone ever advertise on www.gay.com? One of their rates was $5 CPM. So I would pay $5 for every 1,000 clicks of my link or banner ad. But what happen if it starts getting too expensive too quickly? Can I stop an ad?

www.HungBrandon.com
    The Real Deal!

BT1
    check boyhits out!

HungBrandon1
    Thanks for the idea. Too bad the www.boyhits.com site is down.

www.HungBrandon.com
    The Real Deal!

BT1
    hmm.. must have been a small downtime. my logs look fine. anyway its back up.

GaryAlan1
    Hi HungBrandon!

Well there are a number of good ways to promote your site to get traffic. One way I see you're doing is link lists and directoies. Many of the indepth sites have areas dedicated to either phone sex or personal/amateur sites. I find that clients of mine who have made amateur sites based on the phone sex lines do rather well.

Also, there are Search Engines... if you have a nice page you can get excellent traffic from a decent placement.

One friend of mine who had his own sex line, and now has a company with several people working for him, suggests that you do a free yahoo-like group. Build the group around you as an amateur model and give the surfer the infromation to call for private one on one chats. He says you'd be surprised how fast some surfer find you and you'll accumulate a member listing that you can work. It may take some time to work the group, but if you're doing a website this shouldn't be a problem.
    That's sounds good to me. If I can nag him enough, maybe I can get him to come over and post more.

As for paid advertising, I won't tell you what you should or shouldn't do, only what I would. If resources are tight, I'd honestly try to build a reserve of money before buying traffic. And I'd do that only after I work a site up that I know sells, first. I had a site a while ago that didn't really sell well (one of my first) and I paid for advertising that just didn't pan out. I was out money and time. When I finally got the site right, I did it again and it was a vast improvement from my earlier faux pas.

Those are some ideas to chew on

Hope it helps!

My best,
    Gary-Alan

Gary-Alan
    Gay Wide Webmasters
    http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com

GA Media Corp.

HungBrandon1
    Gary,

What is your friend's Yahoo group? I would like to see how he has set it up. Sounds like he uses the Model category to avoid being an adult only listing.

BT,

Thanks for telling me at about BoyHits.com. It has a wide range of prices. As my new website gets more popular and produces more income, I will definitely increase my purchase amounts. Are you connected with BoyHits.com, not that I would mind if you were. Are you the actual webmaster of that site?

Ok, next question.. Anyone know of a cheap leagl, non-spam way to email gay guys?

www.HungBrandon.com
    The Real Deal!

Airmy1
    I have a suggestion,

I'm not sure if you are just promoting your phone sex line or both your site and phones.

But, here's what I suggest. Try to get into contact with one of the larger personals sites like Outpersonals.com, Outinamerica.com, gaywired.com or even gay.com. Do a trade for banner space or email sponsorship and what you give in return would be a vocal advertisment when someone first calls in.

I think there would be several companies out there that would appricate a vocal advertisment. I know that's something I would be interested in.

http://www.chichiclicks.com, Bringing live feeds, video streaming, and galleries to you!

BT1
    HungBrandon: yes, i am the owner of boyhits. hit me up if you have any questions.

rick1
    have a question

Is the traffic you send from boyhits.com mostly accumulated from teen/twink sites?

I have one site I'd like to purchase traffic for but am looking only for 'older' traffic .. if possible

GaryAlan1
    Dang Rick that signature is getting bigger and bigger.

GREAT FOR YOU!

Gary-Alan

rick1
    Heh, if I listed all my gay sites I'd need a 2-page signature file

BT1
    sorry for the delayed response... the traffic is general gay niche. however most of my trade partners run boy\twink sites. below is this months traffic figures based upon clicks and sales.

#1. gay boys #2. gay big cocks #3. gay muscle #4. gay asian
    #5. gay studs #6. gay military #7. gay bears #8. gay ebony

hit me up if you have any questions.

GaryAlan1
    What would you say is a good test amount for your traffic? I know you're running a business so optimal is always the best price

If you do not want to answer here, shoot me an email... I am interested to know not only for myself, but for the members of GWW that ask me - even though I tell them to go directly to you LOL

Thanks,
    GA

Gary-Alan
    Gay Wide Webmasters
    http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com

BT1
    gary,

25k should give you a good idea.

GaryAlan1
    Cool! Thanks for sharing...

We'll be talking shortly ; )

Will you be at InterNext in FL?