Thread: New Digital Music Download Site for the LGBT

DTD

New Digital Music Download Site for the LGBT

DTD Music.com is the first ever online digital music store serving the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) community. DTD is not just a store but a community that is firmly committed to promoting and nurturing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender artists worldwide. After more than a year of design and development by marketers, designers and industry professionals, DTD provides quick, secure and legitimate downloads of music of various genres including gay specific genres on a pay per download basis.

Unlike other music services who target a broad music market, dtdmusic.com's focus is primarily on music created by LGBT artists as well as a few straight artists who have a strong gay fan base. DTD Music Downloads is not another business venture out to exploit the "queer market" but one run by artists and designers who are sensitive and knowledgeable about the diversity and complexity of the LGBT community. The LGBT community is not just about dance music and pop divas and DTD was created to reflect and celebrate the large diversity of musical tastes within the community.

DTD Music Downloads offers immediate digital distribution, very generous artist compensation and a wide selection of music genres to choose from. DTD is also a great site for those seeking new and fresh music outside the commercial mainstream offerings and it is great way to support 'out' artists. This new download store is opening with a nice selection of albums already in inventory and has an ever expanding artist base that is literally growing everyday. These factors will make the DTD Music Downloads digital distribution model a success. We truly are a global one-stop shop for LGBT music tastes.

cheers

I love the concept, but find the site near impossible to read. That red text on that dark maroon background and small font is a killer. Any chance the CSS can be adapted to have the red links and text swap out to white?

Andrew@MAP

Clarity of the site

I agree, the concept is great but the site needs to be made more readable. Also I'm not sure about the name... it's not that easy to remember, and if I just saw the URL I wouldn't actually know what it's about.

Have you tried getting some well known artists on board who are either gay or gay friendly? Presumably they are limited by their record labels on where their music can be sold..

Good luck with it,

Andrew

let's pretend we're bunny rabbits
    I clicked into this topic ready to start my rant about companies that pigeonhole the gay community into a group of club-hoppin' will-and-grace-watchin', jetta jockeys, when i read the whole text and saw the site.

Kudos for your acknowledgment that gays, lesbians, trans....etc, etc....come in all shapes, sizes and musical tastes. Best of luck with the site.:thumbsup:

delobucks
    Awesome!