Thread: johnny m discussion form new baord

GaryAlan1

johnny m discussion form new baord

Thanks, guys. I appreciate that.

johnny m -
    Thu Nov 21 00:11:00 PST 2002 - 24.200.96.105 - message #001729

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi guys!

Gary-Alan, yeah, I got a bit perplexed with it all myself, LOL - the new board looks great though, buddy!

Johnny- you've already gotten fantastic advice from GA, and I don't see a lot to add. It really depends on SO many factors - the main one probably being your traffic.

Ask yourself where your traffic is coming from, and what they are probably interested in. Then give them a variety of things, as Gary said. I also like to throw in a non-adult option as well. Cross-marketing tends to work well, if done properly.

Good luck!

Buckwild - Buckwild Design
    Wed Nov 20 14:09:45 PST 2002 - 144.132.250.111 - message #001728

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Johnny,

CE stands for http://www.cybererotica.com which is one of the big adult sponsors.

If you visit the front page of http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com you will see button listed under hot sites if you click on the button for CEGAY that will take you to their site.

Regards,

Lee
    Lee - ARS Resources
    Wed Nov 20 11:59:15 PST 2002 - 24.170.164.113 - message #001727

One last question: what's CE?

(..."I hear CE's free e-zines do VERY well.")
    johnny m -
    Wed Nov 20 10:54:44 PST 2002 - 24.200.96.105 - message #001726

LMAOPIP

Im now taking bids on nekkid pictures of Gary-Alan.

Opening bids start from $100.

Do i hear $150 anybody?

Regards,

Lee
    Lee - The Monthly Opt-In Newsletter For Adult Webmasters - Have YOU Subscribed yet?
    Wed Nov 20 06:56:02 PST 2002 - 24.170.164.113 - message #001725

johnny m!

Hey my pleasure on the info! It's what I'm here for.

Quick question... Are YOU comfortable giving the sponsor more time? If you're ok with that, then fine. But if YOU are not comfortable with waiting, DON'T. This is your business and you get to make that decision.

Just because someone suggests something doesn't mean it is right for you. And, that goes for my advice as well. ; )

LOL Out door sex... ahhh I remember those days... when I didn't mind having my ass out for public viewing LMAOPIP
    Gary-Alan -
    Wed Nov 20 06:29:00 PST 2002 - 24.170.164.113 - message #001724

Hi Gary-Alan,

Thanks for all the feedback.

Hmmm. I was creating a series on the theme naked guys outdoors. So sometimes they're twinks, sometimes they're bears, and some hardcore. As long as they're doing it outside or, even better, in a semi-public place (my personal favorite place to have sex ;-) You know, do who you blew). So, I was matching a bear banner from my sponsor to the bear pictures; voyeur cams to exhibitionists, etc. But using two sponsors, as you suggest, sound delicious. I thought you could only use one per gallery page.

I'll try new sponsors with renewed vigour. A teacher at AWS suggested I give my current sponsor more time. So perhaps I'll just compliment it, as you say, with something else.

Cheers,
    johnny m
    johnny m -
    Wed Nov 20 05:51:42 PST 2002 - 24.200.96.105 - message #001723

Hey johnny!

1:1591 while not uncommon these days is still something to consider. A conversion rate like that definitely depends on the niche (subject matter) you are selling. Some niches are far more exposed than others. Take Twinks for example… that’s one area that has been hit hard – there are a lot of sites!

There are A LOT of factors to consider, in your case, before I can give you a direct answer, such as - where are you getting your traffic? Are you running free sites, TGPs? SE traffic verse link lists? How are you selling your sponsor? Etc, Etc, Etc.

Regardless of the type of surfer site I do this is a general rule I try to keep to.

I’m a firm believer in first, second and third level sponsors. First level is where I send much of my traffic, usually selling a site that best matches my site’s content. Then my secondary will be a complimentary site. For example - on a gay male Ebony site my primary sponsor site will be an ebony site. My secondary on that site would be Latino. The two niche are compliment each other and the crossover works.

As a third level sponsor, I typically pick something that isn’t a membership site – say sex toys, video sales, penis enlargement, etc. Many times, this reveals items that the surfer may NOT have thought they wanted. AND, it most likely will get you a sale that you may not have had coming to you.

The whole point to this approach is to work the surfer into buying. Giving them choices (some they didn’t know they had) spreads out the “possibility for sales”. I used this method in merchandising retails store when I was in college. The more the shopper could choose from, the more they shopped; the more they shopped, the more they found to buy. Now since this ISN’T a big retail shop, and the next store is a click away rather than a walk, I don’t want to overload them to the point of confusion, just give them enough choices to make my site the place to buy from.

So, johnny, I guess my advice to you is to look at a couple of different approaches, a couple of different sponsor sites to sell, and at least one place that sells something that isn’t a member site.

If you’d like some in depth advice, let me know, I’d need to know more about your sites, traffic sources, marketing approaches.

Hope to hear from you soon!

GA

Gary-Alan -
    Wed Nov 20 04:48:56 PST 2002 - 24.170.164.113 - message #001722

Well, I started two weeks ago, sticking with one sponsor, and according to them my conversion ratio is 1:1591 so far. Should I stick it out with them?
    johnny m - Natural Guys
    Wed Nov 20 01:43:52 PST 2002 - 24.200.96.105 - message #001721

johnny - to be honest with you many people feel uncomfortable sharing that information on a public forum. It's politics to some, others just will do it in emails.

Personally, I have had a great deal of success recently with Top Bucks, ARS, and my sex toy program gayadultshopping.com, I hear CE's free e-zines do VERY well. I haven't had a chance to update some surfer sites lately to see for myself, but it comes from a good sources that it works.

Come to think of it… I've been in this biz soooooo long every sponsor has worked well for me one time or the other LOL. It depends on how you're selling, what from (free sites, tgp, traffic sites, etc.) and how much traffic your pushing through them.

Each person will have a different story to tell and different experiences with their sponsors. One webmaster I spoke to recently has had no success with the sponsors I have great responses from, and visa versa.

Now I'd love to hear OBJECTIVE opinions from our other readers. I don't want to make this a permission for spamming the board LOL

As far as I'm concerned - It all comes down to workin' it! Find a sponsor you know converts and work with it.

Gary-Alan -
    Tue Nov 19 10:22:45 PST 2002 - 24.170.164.113 - message #001720

I'd like to hear about webmasters'experiences with sponsors, specifially when it comes to converting.

johnny m
    johnny m - Natural Guys
    Tue Nov 19 01:38:51 PST 2002 - 24.200.96.105 - message #001719

Ressurection of the oldest thread on the board

u r welcum
    Domain inventory sale.

Dang ... got me all excited as I thought Gary actually posted! Sure miss his posts and that angel avatar of his.

Sorry Bec....didn't mean to give you a false alarm
    Domain inventory sale.