Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verotel, CCBill ... I know

How long have you been gay? Verotel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    - Well, I am known for being honest, when posting my opinion, but usually not in such a straightforward manor. (You simply got lucky th@ I was too busy to weave as per my usual.)

- Correct: I, as with many others here, do both - sponsor and promote.

- Correct: my "grievance" is with what Verotel provides for statistics.

- As for jumping on board with you: you need to dangle a much MUCH better-looking carrot. Our suga' daddies have been looking after us, properly, for years and leaving them for somebody that does not offer nearly as much is like me shooting off a much needed body part (like my lumps)!
    Others did not have to hold that over our heads to get us onboard, as they knew & know what was & is important to those in this industry, thusly they already offered what I/one truly need/s, ages ago!

- I seriously cannot believe a representative would even ask which do you feel is most important? Sponsor or Affiliate reporting?
    The answer is CLEARLY both! Nobody in their right mind would say differently as we ALL know, or are supposed to know: if a webmaster does not work with a sponsor due to the quality of stats, the importance of proper reports for affiliates to a sponsor is ... even more important than their own! (I'd be floored if others said differently.)

Makes perfect sense to me, and I can clearly see is matters & makes sense to others, as well.

Now, let's be honest: posting that missing information is truly not that hard - we and many others do in our program.
    Heck, never mind the other processors: if WE can do it, I am sure a professional transaction/billing processor with a crew of coders can have this done, in mere minutes!

Just continuing on with my "candour".
    ~Paco
    - Ok, great, you're right, I must have gotten lucky.

- Thought so.

- Guess I hit that one on the head too.

- For your sake I hope your suga' daddies keep up the good work in the coming months. I feel a storm brewing... ;-)

- I repeat: I recognize both are important...I was mainly asking to get an idea of where to focus development efforts in the short term.

Contrary to popular opinion life does sometimes throw up some road blocks and coders and coder's time are/is not always as plentyful as one would like. That being said, and I repeat: I think in the upcoming months you'll see some changes in this area.

Just to be clear, I do agree with 97% of what you said. :thumbsup:

Thank you once again for your candor.
    Darryl McDade
    Merchant Relationship Executive
    Verotel Merchant Services BV
    ----------------------------------------

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Verotel View Post
    - For your sake I hope your suga' daddies keep up the good work in the coming months. I feel a storm brewing... ;-)
    That was cheap! Using fear to further your cause is a mind-fuck we are completely bored with. The Republicans having been using it for 5 years now. It's not going to work on any of us. I'll stick with CCbill and Epoch.

Salvandorum paucitas, damnandorum multitudo mistermee's Avatar
    We use Verotel and have been very satisfied with their responsiveness, helpfulness and, perhaps most importantly, their timeliness on payouts. That said, I agree with all previous posters that the stats side is very weak. I spend nearly an hour or two a week just trying to make sense of sales and traffic. How I yearn for the brilliance and simplicity of the hated IBILL's fabled CMI!

Since a Verotel rep is participating in this discussion (itself, I might say, a strong indicator of their seriousness and business competence), I would make two suggestions.

The first, of course, is that they invest some real time and money in producing a state-of-the-art user interface that provides the stats that all webmasters need to manage their sites.

The second -- and undoubtedly the more controversial -- is that they consider reducing the amount of money they charge to set-up Verotel Pro. $1500 is a big DIS-incentive for many webmasters who might otherwise opt for Verotel over the domestic players (like Epoch and CCbill).
    "Wake up, Norma, you'd be killing yourself to an empty room!"

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    So, it's been a few months since this thread was started where Verotel said
    that they will be making changes in the next few months....

Has anyone noticed any changes in their stats reporting yet?

Paco
    Paging Dave or Verotel - please pick up the olive courtesy phone that's at the front.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    The one thing that I have heard consistently from people is that Verotel is horrible about returning calls or being reachable.

I haven't personally found that to be the case, but when I hear that over and over from various webmasters, I have to wonder if there isn't a grain of truth to it.

Anyone had similar experiences?

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    The one thing that I have heard consistently from people is that Verotel is horrible about returning calls or being reachable.

I haven't personally found that to be the case, but when I hear that over and over from various webmasters, I have to wonder if there isn't a grain of truth to it.

Anyone had similar experiences?
    This above all is NOT true, they have live 24/7 chat support, that is really easy to use. Being able to contact them is one of the biggest bight spots, some times it might take them awhile to figure out what you are talking about, but I am used to that

They have been struck in 3rd place for years now, and until they can surpass the affiliate option's of the Big 2 that will never change. Its all about numbers, options, and affordability.

I will add that not scaring the hell out of people would be nice too “rules”

Salvandorum paucitas, damnandorum multitudo mistermee's Avatar
    I'm happy to say that, in response to threads like this, Verotel has made some important improvements to its stats reporting. While not as thorough or inventive as some of us would like, they are definitely moving in the right direction. For us, it's meant the saving of at least an hour's worth of tedious hand-counting a week and the ability to have a much clearer view of our daily/weekly stats.

We continue to be EXTREMELY satisfied with Verotel's service!
    "Wake up, Norma, you'd be killing yourself to an empty room!"

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermee View Post
    I'm happy to say that, in response to threads like this, Verotel has made some important improvements to its stats reporting. While not as thorough or inventive as some of us would like, they are definitely moving in the right direction. For us, it's meant the saving of at least an hour's worth of tedious hand-counting a week and the ability to have a much clearer view of our daily/weekly stats.

We continue to be EXTREMELY satisfied with Verotel's service!
    personally, I like Verotel. But i don't believe they are getting the point. With threads like this spawned it should wake them up, especially when many webmasters have voiced the same thing...."the reason we don't promote verotel processed sites is because of the stats"...

Seemingly, as a principle or employee who could refer this to one, I would set about immediately to find out what it is the affiliates and websites want in the form of stats and get it implemented ASAP. It's dollars they are leaving on the table in the form of website sales from sites they already process that would benefit from new affiliate promotions, as well as new sites they would process for....if only they took this to heart.

Implementing "some improvements" is not going to accomplish this. And sadly, I am just not sure they are getting the message or the positive impact this thread could have on their business.