Quote Originally Posted by Matt 26z View Post
BD, how about telling us what % of your 1 month no rebill members that are referred by affiliates sign right back up? Fratmen admitted right on this very board that "most" sign right back up. In a way isn't that taking rebills away from affiliates, thus in effect paying them less than 50% overall?
See that's an interesting point, because I see some interesting contradictions on the part of affiliates there as well.

- Affiliates demanding higher price points from sponsors so that their commission amounts are greater
- Affiliates demanding surfers not be given the option to select non-recurring price points
- Affiliates being frustrated it's too easy for surfers to cancel a membership to some sites
- Affiliates believing it is entirely the responsibilty of a sponsor to retain members in to rebills, yet then claiming entitlement to the rebills.
- Affiliates demanding the installation of cookies on a surfer's computer that'd raise red flags with their security software

I don't feel it fair one surfer be led to believe recurring is the only option when others (such as type-in traffic) are given the non-recurring option. And I think that when a surfer invariably finds out they were given different options than others, that leads to skepticism and resentment. Affiliates won't get anything at all when a sale they refer charges back or demands a refund (a refund a sponsor should be more than willing to give in many situations because it's the sponsor that assumes all risk and liability from chargebacks, not the affiliate).

I also feel there are plenty of surfers out there that would not sign up for a site at all unless they saw non-recurring as an option (precisely because of skepticism having been instilled in them before). Affiliates might benefit from non-recurring being an option more than they actually think.

I look at many of our top affiliates and see they shouldn't have a problem at all with rebills much less surfers that join, cancel, then rejoin later. For example, JustUsBoys.com. Their site is a destination unto itself. It is way more than just a site that sends traffic to sponsors. Their surfers keep coming back to them and eagerly use their site as a hub to venture out to sponsor sites. They can send a surfer to CorbinFisher.com who takes advantage of a non-recurring option that puts them at ease and encourages them to conduct a transaction in the first place, enjoy the content, cancel, and then come back later on through a JUB link once again because they are enthusiastic about earning JUB commissions and JUB is where they keep returning to again and again, to keep clicking thru from again and again. They don't go to CorbinFisher.com. They go to JUB to find the link to CorbinFisher.com they know is there and click thru it when they want to look at our site. JUB deserves 50%!