Who here listens to music while they work?

When it comes to music I personally view it as kind of a big deal… Music has a power over people that is astounding. Music can affect people is so many ways. I listen to music in almost every single part of my life, and some people (i.e. my mother) can’t understand how I can do so. When I am driving in the car or cleaning my house obviously it is playing and that’s normal in her eyes. But, I also listen to music while talking on the phone (in the car or not), while I’m writing a paper, while I’m getting ready, while I am studying, while I’m at the salon, literally almost every element of life is filled with music and I love it.

I listen to almost all kinds of music... Personally I view music as a necessity. Music is how one expresses themselves and can affect an individual in many ways. It can lift me up when I’m down, it can pump me up when I need a confidence boost, it can do so much to change an individual.

I grew up loving music and soon got into theatre and choir. I sat first chair first tenor in the most elite choir in my high school for all four years. It was there that I learned such an appreciation for quality music, a variety of music and the need for a quality system to play it on. I’m not afraid to say that I will spend money on a quality sound system (another thing my parents don’t understand.) My living room has a 10 speaker surround sound system that costs more than a months rent. My car has a 12 speaker JBL system that can be heard from blocks away. Even my computer has a 7 speaker surround sound system. (of course I’m currently jamming out as I write this). I don’t have the nice sound systems to annoy the neighbors or be the one who can rattle the trunk of their car the loudest, but instead to listen to quality music and be able to hear all the elements of the music itself.

OK OK I know I’m ranting… regardless…. I just wanted some opinions on music in your everyday life. Does anyone agree with me, or my mother, or have any opinions they want to share???

TTYL, Sky