Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whistle While You Work???

some very cool folks/stuff on your list sly's stand is wonderful and price is always good, somehow. bootsy mystifies me because in his OWN music, he has the bass turned so far down in the mix it's not always even easy to hear but he IS very talented.

tango in the night - ah! my only influencial video is tango in the night - it's made from their 3 live shows at the cow palace when rick vito and billy burnette(?) were with them in place of linsay buckingham. this video just had something - not sure what - that grabbed me.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    some very cool folks/stuff on your list sly's stand is wonderful and price is always good, somehow. bootsy mystifies me because in his OWN music, he has the bass turned so far down in the mix it's not always even easy to hear but he IS very talented.

tango in the night - ah! my only influencial video is tango in the night - it's made from their 3 live shows at the cow palace when rick vito and billy burnette(?) were with them in place of linsay buckingham. this video just had something - not sure what - that grabbed me.
    That's interesting, cause I always ignored the video that didn't have the original members of Fleetwood Mac in them. I'm funny THAT way.

And you're right about Bootsy. I know part of why I like his stuff is the total weird package.

EarnCoin boost your revenue

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I need to listen to music more often when I work. Not sure why I don't do that more. Usually I have the tv on or something.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

I didn't know where else to put this. LOL.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post

I think it was Stevie's hair. Man, it was huuuuuuuge in that video!

That's interesting, cause I always ignored the video that didn't have the original members of Fleetwood Mac in them. I'm funny THAT way.
    Actually, SPACE GLIDER, by the time Lindsey and Stevie joined Fleetwood Mac they had already been around for something like ten years, so they actually aren't the "original" members.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    Actually, SPACE GLIDER, by the time Lindsey and Stevie joined Fleetwood Mac they had already been around for something like ten years, so they actually aren't the "original" members.
    OMG ... did they have any hits before Buckingham and Nicks?

Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    OMG ... did they have any hits before Buckingham and Nicks?
    Oh, honey, you got me started on the Mac. Dangerous waters ahead. LOL!

Fleetwood Mac started out as a blues band in England. They did not have any hits until coming to the states in the early 70's but did develop quite a following. If you want a fascinating read, check out Mick Fleetwood's autobiography. In the first few years the band had one member go insane, one joined a religious cult, and one just disappeared. Mick also reveals his love of crossdressing and makes one simple allusion to the fact that there was a sexual encounter with his original guitarist, Peter Green. Christine McVie wasn't even a member when the band first started. She came along later. The original lineup was a rowdy group of young english lads who would do crazy stage antics. They would have a proper English butler walk on stage with a covered silver platter, which he would uncover to reveal a shiny silver dildo, and John McVie would hang condoms filled with milk off of his bass guitar.

After being in the states and losing yet another band member, Mick Fleetwood was checking out a studio to record their next album when the studio tech threw on a tape from a young couple who had recorded an album there some months earlier. The album was called Buckingham Nicks (one guess who the young couple was). Mick was so impressed with Linsey's guitar playing that he asked him to join the Mac without even an audition. Lindsey refused to join if they wouldn't take Stevie as well, and the rest, as they say, is history.

The Buckingham Nicks album went nowhere and the couple were close to giving up when they got the call from Mick. Sadly, this little gem of a record never made it to CD, but if you'd like to hear it you can get mp3's of it here (click on "Buckingham & Nicks" and then "multimedia"). I don't mind posting this since you can't get the tracks any other way. It's a stunning album, even if it's a bit dated. There are some live tracks posted on that site as well under the "fun stuff" section that features a very early, pre-fleetwood mac performance of Rhiannon that sounds really punk rock to me.

Okay, back to work.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Paco,

Did you ever get a chance to check out Alarm will Sound?

...glad to meet you. I am Brian Eno.

oh hellz yah!
    After you FYI'd me (BTW - where do I send the payment?) I actually found some downloads and added them to my list of tenting tunes, which I enjoy, after a day of skinning & skiing, while staring out of my tent (sleeping bag) at the stars.

Oh yah - at this very moment I am noddin' to DJ Cam's Attica Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post

...glad to meet you. I am Brian Eno.
    I love Music For Airports. It's one of my favorite things to write to. I found a podcast where this musical group recreated the entire thing live on stage using modern instruments, painstakingly recreating each tone, note and sound perfectly. it's really amazing to hear.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    Oh, honey, you got me started on the Mac. Dangerous waters ahead. LOL!

Fleetwood Mac started out as a blues band in England. They did not have any hits until coming to the states in the early 70's but did develop quite a following. If you want a fascinating read, check out Mick Fleetwood's autobiography. In the first few years the band had one member go insane, one joined a religious cult, and one just disappeared. Mick also reveals his love of crossdressing and makes one simple allusion to the fact that there was a sexual encounter with his original guitarist, Peter Green. Christine McVie wasn't even a member when the band first started. She came along later. The original lineup was a rowdy group of young english lads who would do crazy stage antics. They would have a proper English butler walk on stage with a covered silver platter, which he would uncover to reveal a shiny silver dildo, and John McVie would hang condoms filled with milk off of his bass guitar.

After being in the states and losing yet another band member, Mick Fleetwood was checking out a studio to record their next album when the studio tech threw on a tape from a young couple who had recorded an album there some months earlier. The album was called Buckingham Nicks (one guess who the young couple was). Mick was so impressed with Linsey's guitar playing that he asked him to join the Mac without even an audition. Lindsey refused to join if they wouldn't take Stevie as well, and the rest, as they say, is history.

The Buckingham Nicks album went nowhere and the couple were close to giving up when they got the call from Mick. Sadly, this little gem of a record never made it to CD, but if you'd like to hear it you can get mp3's of it here (click on "Buckingham & Nicks" and then "multimedia"). I don't mind posting this since you can't get the tracks any other way. It's a stunning album, even if it's a bit dated. There are some live tracks posted on that site as well under the "fun stuff" section that features a very early, pre-fleetwood mac performance of Rhiannon that sounds really punk rock to me.

Okay, back to work.
    Now that is something I've NEVER EVER known. And it really make the band (Mick especially) even more interesting than I'd thought. I don't know why I'd had it in my head that the band really didnt exist long before "Rumors" or whatnot! And did EVERY English rock band start off as a blues band?

Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    Now that is something I've NEVER EVER known. And it really make the band (Mick especially) even more interesting than I'd thought. I don't know why I'd had it in my head that the band really didnt exist long before "Rumors" or whatnot! And did EVERY English rock band start off as a blues band?

It's okay, most people think the band started out with Rumors (even forgetting that one of their most famous songs, Rhiannon, was on the album before Rumors). I don't know the history of other bands, though. My music Geekdom is pretty much around Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks.

There is a great 4 disc retrospective of Fleetwood Mac called The Chain. You can probably find it relatively cheap at some used music stores these days. Each disc is from a different era of their music with one whole disc devoted just to their early blues stuff. There's a song on there called "Man of the World" that Peter Green wrote just before leaving the band. It is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard in my life because in Mick's book he was talking about how horrible things were going for Peter and how the lyrics are really true to life as to how he was feeling. There's a part where he sings "I just wish I had never been born" that gives me chills every time I hear it.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Paco
    whidding while I work;
    widdling wood while I work.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    whidding while I work;
    widdling wood while I work.
    You know how people yell stuff out during Rocky Horror, well... when I used to do it in Pittsburgh there's a part at the beginning of "Dammit Janet" where Brad is about to say something to Janet, but then he would pause in though, giving the audience enough time to yell out one of the callbacks.

So he would say "Hey Janet..." and the audience would yell "Sit on my face and wiggle".

Then, one time, just to be a smart ass, someone yelled instead "Sit on my porch and whittle".
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Paco
    [ :offtopic: ] ah yes. Every Friday @ mid-night @ The Princess (theatre).

Our tradition was bringing a loaf or two of white WonderBread that has been sparyed with water. At the start of the show those with ammo would pick the secret word and once somebody uttered it all hell would break loose.

ever try to get wet crappy white bread out of your ear?
    [/ :offtopic: ]

i always... and i do love to listen to music...it is impossible for me to finish a whole damn day without even tuning to a radio station and listen to any kind of music...but i prefer listening to glam rock songs...that's why my whole hard drive is full of Mr. Big songs, Skid Row, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Warrant, anything you can thing of...Bon Jovi, Firehouse, Van Halen, Aerosmith...all of them..., without music...my whole life would be boring...
    Prime Outsourcing | offshore solutions | manual labor | employee leasing |
    full time employees starting at $695.00/month = managed and dedicated
    icq.: 309570461 live chat