Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2257 Recording Keeping/Database Solution- What is the most popular product?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BWBW

2257 Recording Keeping/Database Solution- What is the most popular product?

What is the most popular 2257 database solution for organizing 2257 records?

I am looking into:

Members Area Management Systems MP2257 Module for MAS

2257ok.com's record keeping management solution

YTraker

2257 Lite Record Keeping software (free)

Cost isn't really the issue, I want the best/easiest program that will help me achieve compliance.

If anybody has any other suggestions please send them my way.

Thanks,
    BW

Rimmates.com
    Wow, I have a lot to learn.

I thought a safe deposit box was the only way to really keep 2257 docs. I thought the FBI wants hard copy papers and ink signatures, not electronic docs?

Xstr8guy
    They require an electronic database that is cross-referenced with the model ID, aliases, every single url on which the model appears and other things. The failsafe is to have hard copies of the records. But that is not enough in itself.

Rimmates.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    They require an electronic database that is cross-referenced with the model ID, aliases, every single url on which the model appears and other things. The failsafe is to have hard copies of the records. But that is not enough in itself.

Are you fucking serious????? How come nobody has told me this???? I need to know every single URL that one of my models appears in? Or is that just over the top stuff that people do to cover all tracks?

Please tell me I am safe with just having the hard copies on file, and the electronic copies with every set of content photos sold.

Xstr8guy
    Of particular interest... section e, paragraph 1
    http://www.freespeechonline.org/webdocs/22572006.pdf

Jim is correct, although I don't think that the cross-reference you must keep doesn't have to be in electronic form. It could be paper. Whatever makes sense to you. Although it had better make sense to the FBI, too. But as far as websites are concerned, yes you have to cross reference your models to every depiction of them, plus you have to keep a copy of that image and a copy of the page it's on.

Xstr8guy
    Thanks for clarifying Steven. I just think it would be amazingly difficult to maintain such a large volume of documents without an electronic database... especially with all of the url's involved.

Rimmates.com
    Quote Originally Posted by citiboyz View Post
    But as far as websites are concerned, yes you have to cross reference your models to every depiction of them, plus you have to keep a copy of that image and a copy of the page it's on.
    So this means I either need access to the members area of a site that purchased my content, or they must email or send that info to me? Are people really doing this?

I know brokers give the producer a list of the "home pages" url's that are licensed to display the images, but that's just the main page. How do I get a copy of the page that the model is displayed on? That seems like its going too far.

Rimmates.com - there was a REALLY big deal made about this for months. sigs have nothing to do with 2257 - you need copies, either on paper or electronic, for i.d. for every model in every piece of content. they must be cross referenced by name, url and probably title of content. the pics on the i.d. must be clear and easily recognizeable as the model in question.

you must use an address and your name or the custodian's on all content and law enforcement must be able to find you there during business hours or during a minimum of 20 hours per week that you list on your sites and content. and the custodian must remain the custodian for a period of 5 years per the old regs and 7 per the new ones.

if you don't do and have these things, you are looking at 5 years per item. what i have written above is a result of talking to more than one attorney.

talk to a lawyer - not a general attorney or your personal attorney; an adult industry attorney. most will let you pay by money order or credit card for a phone consultation. and keep in mind that without perfect records and perfect availability, you could be looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars in defense fees beside the possibility of jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmates.com View Post
    Wow, I have a lot to learn.

I thought a safe deposit box was the only way to really keep 2257 docs. I thought the FBI wants hard copy papers and ink signatures, not electronic docs?

Also, though I'm sure none of you are doing this be very careful about storing your docs online in folders with the content itself.

One story I heard was of someone using a standard run of the mill 'site raper' online for about $20 that runs thru your members areas collecting images..also collecting the 2257 info & releases on all his models.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone hadn't thought about it.

D
    Domain inventory sale.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    One story I heard was of someone using a standard run of the mill 'site raper' online for about $20 that runs thru your members areas collecting images..also collecting the 2257 info & releases on all his models.
    D
    Yikes, scary on 3 levels... privacy law violation if you're in California, 2257 violation, and extremely poor web server administration.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by BWBW View Post
    What is the most popular 2257 database solution for organizing 2257 records?

I am looking into:

Members Area Management Systems MP2257 Module for MAS

2257ok.com's record keeping management solution

YTraker

2257 Lite Record Keeping software (free)

Cost isn't really the issue, I want the best/easiest program that will help me achieve compliance.

If anybody has any other suggestions please send them my way.

Thanks,
    BW
    Well, does anyone have insight into these programs? Ytracker.com looks good.

Rimmates.com
    By the way, how often are 2257 inspections done? It seems like one inspection article a week comes out of the Xbiz information web, but I'm sure that's only the big stories being reported. Are these things happening by the hundreds per year, or is it more or less?

I've been trying to figure the odds of being audited for 2257 record keeping violations. I guess the biggest factor is the age of models - or does that not even matter anymore?

I'd say 1 in 3,000 chance per year if you use older models, and about 1 in 200 if you use very young 18+ modles. Does that sound reasonable or I am just saying that so that I get 1 post closer to the 175,000th post? :bandana:

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmates.com View Post
    By the way, how often are 2257 inspections done?
    They've just started, so i don't think anyone knows what the frequency will eventually be. And as far as I know, they have only been inspecting companies that are primarily video/DVD producers. They may have a web presence but that is not their primary business.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Well, does anyone have insight into these programs? Ytracker.com looks good.
    Like I said earlier, I use YTracker and it is awesome. It is the easiest, user freindly software I have found. It keeps track of everything for you, and is amazing. ESPECIALLY at such a low price.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip: