Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2257 Recording Keeping/Database Solution- What is the most popular product?

BWBW

2257 Recording Keeping/Database Solution- What is the most popular product?

What is the most popular 2257 database solution for organizing 2257 records?

I am looking into:

Members Area Management Systems MP2257 Module for MAS

2257ok.com's record keeping management solution

YTraker

2257 Lite Record Keeping software (free)

Cost isn't really the issue, I want the best/easiest program that will help me achieve compliance.

If anybody has any other suggestions please send them my way.

Thanks,
    BW

Rimmates.com
    Wow, I have a lot to learn.

I thought a safe deposit box was the only way to really keep 2257 docs. I thought the FBI wants hard copy papers and ink signatures, not electronic docs?

Xstr8guy
    They require an electronic database that is cross-referenced with the model ID, aliases, every single url on which the model appears and other things. The failsafe is to have hard copies of the records. But that is not enough in itself.

Rimmates.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    They require an electronic database that is cross-referenced with the model ID, aliases, every single url on which the model appears and other things. The failsafe is to have hard copies of the records. But that is not enough in itself.

Are you fucking serious????? How come nobody has told me this???? I need to know every single URL that one of my models appears in? Or is that just over the top stuff that people do to cover all tracks?

Please tell me I am safe with just having the hard copies on file, and the electronic copies with every set of content photos sold.

Xstr8guy
    Of particular interest... section e, paragraph 1
    http://www.freespeechonline.org/webdocs/22572006.pdf

Jim is correct, although I don't think that the cross-reference you must keep doesn't have to be in electronic form. It could be paper. Whatever makes sense to you. Although it had better make sense to the FBI, too. But as far as websites are concerned, yes you have to cross reference your models to every depiction of them, plus you have to keep a copy of that image and a copy of the page it's on.

Xstr8guy
    Thanks for clarifying Steven. I just think it would be amazingly difficult to maintain such a large volume of documents without an electronic database... especially with all of the url's involved.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    My understanding is that a database is not *required*, but as several have said here, it would be very difficult to maintain the records in paper form... you would have to have a separate folder for each model, and for each scene the model is in, a cross-reference by model's real name to model's stage name (and any other stage names or legal names you're aware of that the model has used), with copies of the ID and the dates of production of the content.

Then, for websites, you would need a folder with a reference to each URL where a scene, photo, or depiction is used, and that, too, would have to be cross-referenced to model name, stage name, etc., as well as having a copy of all the IDs.

Contrary to the common belief of those who haven't looked carefully, 2257 makes no references whatsoever to model releases, but it does make clear that it is a violation of the regulations to keep non-2257 documents in the same place as 2257 documents, and violations are subject to jail time. So some attorneys have said that simply having model releases in the same folder as copies of identification documents would be a 2257 violation that could subject the custodian to jail time.

Rimmates, my understanding is that if you are only a content producer and do not display your content on a website or produce DVDs or otherwise publish any sexually explicit content, then you still need to keep the cross-references between models, scenes, model IDs, stage names, etc. But you do not have to keep the cross-referenced records of URLs that, for example, a website that bought your content is displaying the content on. However, the website displaying the bought content *would* have to keep the crossreferenced URLs in their records.

If you don't know the details of 2257 very clearly (clearly enough that you're willing to risk jail time if you're wrong) then I'd highly recommend getting a consultation with an experienced adult industry attorney. If (as I hear some people say) you can't afford a consultation with an attorney on this issue, then keep in mind you definitely can't afford to defend a criminal action for improper recordkeeping, so you should either scrape together the money for the consultation or seriously consider a different line of work. Not trying to be hurtful, just trying to save you some grief in the long run.

Rimmates.com - there was a REALLY big deal made about this for months. sigs have nothing to do with 2257 - you need copies, either on paper or electronic, for i.d. for every model in every piece of content. they must be cross referenced by name, url and probably title of content. the pics on the i.d. must be clear and easily recognizeable as the model in question.

you must use an address and your name or the custodian's on all content and law enforcement must be able to find you there during business hours or during a minimum of 20 hours per week that you list on your sites and content. and the custodian must remain the custodian for a period of 5 years per the old regs and 7 per the new ones.

if you don't do and have these things, you are looking at 5 years per item. what i have written above is a result of talking to more than one attorney.

talk to a lawyer - not a general attorney or your personal attorney; an adult industry attorney. most will let you pay by money order or credit card for a phone consultation. and keep in mind that without perfect records and perfect availability, you could be looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars in defense fees beside the possibility of jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmates.com View Post
    Wow, I have a lot to learn.

I thought a safe deposit box was the only way to really keep 2257 docs. I thought the FBI wants hard copy papers and ink signatures, not electronic docs?

Also, though I'm sure none of you are doing this be very careful about storing your docs online in folders with the content itself.

One story I heard was of someone using a standard run of the mill 'site raper' online for about $20 that runs thru your members areas collecting images..also collecting the 2257 info & releases on all his models.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone hadn't thought about it.

D
    Domain inventory sale.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    One story I heard was of someone using a standard run of the mill 'site raper' online for about $20 that runs thru your members areas collecting images..also collecting the 2257 info & releases on all his models.
    D
    Yikes, scary on 3 levels... privacy law violation if you're in California, 2257 violation, and extremely poor web server administration.

Rimmates.com
    Quote Originally Posted by citiboyz View Post
    But as far as websites are concerned, yes you have to cross reference your models to every depiction of them, plus you have to keep a copy of that image and a copy of the page it's on.
    So this means I either need access to the members area of a site that purchased my content, or they must email or send that info to me? Are people really doing this?

I know brokers give the producer a list of the "home pages" url's that are licensed to display the images, but that's just the main page. How do I get a copy of the page that the model is displayed on? That seems like its going too far.

Making Pain Pay!
    Check this out. It is a very good guide to 2257 that was handed out at Internext.

http://www.lipsitzgreen.com/pdfs/The_2257_Handbook.pdf

Regarding your original question, I use YTracker and love it. They have been very helpful to me.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmates.com View Post
    So this means I either need access to the members area of a site that purchased my content, or they must email or send that info to me? Are people really doing this? I know brokers give the producer a list of the "home pages" url's that are licensed to display the images, but that's just the main page. How do I get a copy of the page that the model is displayed on? That seems like its going too far.
    No, you're not responsible for sites that are not under your control. But you must provide them with the 2257 info so that they can comply with the law. The law only applies to sites that you operate yourself.

Rimmates.com
    Ok, that makes sense. Even the revised 2006 wording of the 2257 doc needs to be revised!