Thread: Christmas Slowdown?

Making Pain Pay!

Christmas Slowdown?

Hi everyone...

This is my first year online with a paysite (having only done DVD sales prior.)
    I was wondering...should I expect any type of slowdown in the next few weeks prior to Christmas as people spend their money elsewhere...or is this not usually the case?

Just curious. I noticed a very slight dip in this weeks numbers, the first dip we have ever really had...could be the novelty of a new site wearing off...or Christmas...or ??????

Thanks in advance.

:santa: :whip:
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

samebb
    It is my first year with a paysites to. November was no doubt my best month, but i have to say i think there is a slight slow down over christmas, or at leaste for me. Its not anything "huge" but there seems to be a slight drop in sales.

Dzinerbear
    Christmas is werid. There is somewhat of a slowdown as people get all wrapped up in parties, visiting families and friends. But there's another whole part of the population that just holes up indoors and tries to forget the whole thing is happening. I've always tried to submit AVS galleries to be listed in the new section over Christmas just to try and capture some of the traffic from people who are surfing.

But there's also the post-Christmas sales gush as people get new computers and connections for Christmas and they start exploring the Web.

Michael

I've never noticed a Christmas slowdown. Last week was our best week ever, in fact, but our sites are pretty underexposed so as long as we are getting new traffic we improve. But ditto on the last post re: nothing compares to the goodness of January!
    Promote solo guy site TrixiesHouseboy.com!
    WebWhoreBucks

maxpower
    Almost everyone will see a bump before the slowdown starts, then sales will take a noise dive for about 4-6 days before Xmas and about 5 days after. This is the worse 2 weeks of the year normally for me, but after this 2 weeks its clear for a VERY long time. I believed the first 2 years this “sales bump” meant that this years the slowdown would not happen, but it did and it will again. Its really almost the same thing every year, I can almost predict how each day will go now. Yet I can do little about it other that curl up in a ball, don’t waist really good stuff now, and wait for the sun to come back out. I would still submit sites but what you send and how many is up to you. :shit: