Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's the biggest mistake you have made this year?

Dzinerbear

what's the biggest mistake you have made this year?

Hey all,

Hopefully we learn from them, but we all make them.

For me it was running crazy and starting too many new projects when I spread out on my own. Suddenly I found myself with too much to do and getting pretty exhausted. So I cut back and scaled back.

Michael

As above, but hey ...I can rest when I'm dead
    Domain inventory sale.

samebb
    2 words

"pulz productions"

grrrrrrrr

Pretty much the same thing here too Michael. After the famine of 2005 the glut of 2006 and everyone moving ahead with projects just had me going in 100 directions at once. I'm still crazy ass busy but it's a more controlled pace now.

definitely taking on too many jobs - it's amazing but i raised my hourly rate and review rate and started telling people i was too busy and they seemed to feel that was a good reason to really work at me to get me to do their writing and stuff.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    definitely taking on too many jobs - it's amazing but i raised my hourly rate and review rate and started telling people i was too busy and they seemed to feel that was a good reason to really work at me to get me to do their writing and stuff.
    It's really funny, but sometimes raising your rate *increases* your business because people feel like if you're charging X amount, you *must* be really good, and no one else will do...

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar

Sad

Trying once again to make up for a past mistake when the person I offended had made it very clear that he wasn't interested in allowing me to make up for it.

Seems to me the only people who REALLY believe in second chances are the people who need a second chance.

EarnCoin boost your revenue

Sana Chan
    While it has nothing to do with the adult industry, I did make a huge mistake at my jo-joe. During the bi-annual remodel of my dept, I left about 52 shopping carts of merchandise in recieving just 2 days before we were to have some of the big people come give us our monthly report card.

I got ripped for that one. The other remodel starts on the 30th of this month so maybe I can make up for it.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    the biggest mistake for myself was,, beliveing what the american embassy said in an e-mail to me, and then letting eric leave the country!!! I feel like a pure jackass!
    then beliveing what the head lady at the state department said and a month latter turned around and said something totaly driffrent. NO THEY ARE THE JACKASS'S

Corey Bryant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    For me it was running crazy and starting too many new projects when I spread out on my own. Suddenly I found myself with too much to do and getting pretty exhausted. So I cut back and scaled back.
    Same here. Unfortunately in the end it caused me more headaches by not telling people no when they asked for help.

Rimmates.com
    So far my biggest mistake was not making time for the Gay Phoenix Forums. That would have been a fantastic way to meet people in the biz.

Who is going to Internext?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Not realizing sooner some rather simple things that we could do that would make a huge difference just simply need to be done, rather than talked about... like getting new promo galleries posted promptly, that sort of thing

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    lets try it!

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    I tend not to look back - only forward!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    I tend not to look back - only forward!
    People with that ability and strength are lucky

EarnCoin boost your revenue