Thread: Sponsors / Ads for Not-too-Adult Website

Corey Bryant

Sponsors / Ads for Not-too-Adult Website

I am thinking of doing (another) website on the side. (As if I needed to add something else to my plate). But I thought about doing some that is gay-oriented but not geared towards 'adult-content' necessarily, but more towards relations, (maybe) questions on gay sex, etc.

I signed up on a few affilate aites that were gay friendly but did not have that much (if any) adult content.

Just curious, how would you feel if you were looking for possible advice on relationships, etc and saw an ad for some type of adult content? Is it a good idea? I am not really trying to make money (but that would be good of course) but trying more to building a website that looks like it would be helpful for you in a relationship-style way... (or does that even make sense?)

And is there anything out there like google that will support 'more' adult content. I know there is AdBrite but being totally new to a lot of this and who's who and reading the webmaster union thread, I did not want to get tino bed with any undesireables

I think I got a pretty good name too - loveguyde.com and theloveguyde.com

Any ideas etc besides relationship advice that could potentially be on the site?

Thank you!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You could also add something relating to sexual health, which in itself would then allow you to promote some of these penile enhancement or self-help type products / ezines.

Regards,

Lee

Corey Bryant
    Thanks Lee. I get emails like that all the time and never even thought about that. That's interesting. Now just to find a reputable company,

Any other ideas as well would be appreciated / companies, etc.

personally i go with the idea first, not the domain. going with a domain first will squash your creativity as now every idea you get must suit the domain. there are tons of non explicit niches out there, but most of the sites don't allow advertising on adult sites.

i think the average person would be less likely to take the advice seriously on a site that also has adult ads so why have them at all? sexy is not necessarily sexual

Corey Bryant
    Thanks basschick. I have just been trying to find some places that sell gay themed merchandise but that has been difficult.

:offtopic: (I need a Christmas card - and only one and I can't find just one I Love You Christmas card!) Sorry - I can't find one LOL

I am thinking maybe relationship items as well, maybe "guy gifts" as well. I actually had a woman from India email me once because her husband wanted a divorce and she needed advice