Thread: xbiz awards

Angry xbiz awards

the only place i see any gay companies is in a section called GLBT Company of the Year. affiliate programs and boards and even a surfer community (JUB) are crammed together in there while straight companies have something like 20 different categories.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Its not like they actually matter anyway.

Its a traffic generating scheme for Xbiz, almost every single site nominated will do one of two things now...

1) Put a link up to Xbiz (Via the awards site) on their site and;
    2) Post about how they were nominated for an Xbiz award and post the URL/Brand name.

Regards,

Lee

Oh and so there's no possible way anyone can say im being two-faced about being nominated and showing disgust at the awards, ive just asked that GWW be removed from the nominations list.

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Oh and so there's no possible way anyone can say im being two-faced about being nominated and showing disgust at the awards, ive just asked that GWW be removed from the nominations list.

Regards,

Lee
    , it would have been nice to know what the results were , being nominated is an achievment in itself , congratulations anyway and continued success in the new year!

jim

Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim View Post
    , it would have been nice to know what the results were , being nominated is an achievment in itself , congratulations anyway and continued success in the new year!

jim
    You are correct, being nominated is usually an achievement and normally id be happy to have had GWW nominated however, when companies/boards are nominated because they got the most votes, even when those companies/boards are unknown except to the owners and a handfull of friends, presumably casting hundreds of votes for their own sites, the awards become a joke.

What is the point in participating and winning (or losing) in an award ceremony that has been tainted from the outset? It does nobody any good.

Regards,

Lee

It also looks lik Greenguy + Jim and Medium Pimpin have also asked to have their nominations removed for similar reasons.

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    I have never been fond of award shows where the awards are not based upon merit or a panel of judges, but are based upon clicks to the award givers website...

It's nothing but an SE exercise for the awarding entity.

It's why I stopped going to or caring when we get nominated for the few awards we have been nominated for.

Some people make a big deal out of them..when all they did is send out mass mailers, put the links to the award entities website on all their pages, and begged for click votes..... Me, I'd rather see an award show based upon merit....then i'll think the award means something.

Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    Some people make a big deal out of them..when all they did is send out mass mailers, put the links to the award entities website on all their pages, and begged for click votes..... Me, I'd rather see an award show based upon merit....then i'll think the award means something.
    Exactly, that doesnt make it an award based on how good the sites or service are, it makes it an award based on how many people you could get to click a link.

Although ive been saying that exact same thing for years, it seems now people are starting to realize that is exactly what has been happening, especially when sites that have been around for a few weeks get nominated and finalized in categories they have absolutely no business being listed in.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    I know I was approached by a few people to go nominate them for whatever award they were after. The awards are just a popularity contest. And I'm one of the past winners too. I couldn't tell you where the award even is at this point LOL

i would be happy to take part in various award shows by nominating, voting or even attending if only the awards made sense to me. putting gww in the same category as JUB makes no sense - almost as little as having intensecash in there with them.

and the last awards where someone nominated a gallery as a site and it actually was shown to us as a nominee????

how's this for an idea? have categories where all sites nonimated are the same kind of sites. weed out nominees that have grossly inferior design and concept (i'm taling newbie made sites) and certainly weed out galleries before showing us nominees. when the list comes out for the nominees for the oscars, every movie is already one that lots of people think are really great movies. sure, popularity is bound to come into it but having certain judging criteria set up in advance would really help shape a nominee list so that every site or program on it IS superior and no more "gay ghetto" in the awards. if a site is good, put it with other sites in its same category!