Thread: xbiz awards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry xbiz awards

the only place i see any gay companies is in a section called GLBT Company of the Year. affiliate programs and boards and even a surfer community (JUB) are crammed together in there while straight companies have something like 20 different categories.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Its not like they actually matter anyway.

Its a traffic generating scheme for Xbiz, almost every single site nominated will do one of two things now...

1) Put a link up to Xbiz (Via the awards site) on their site and;
    2) Post about how they were nominated for an Xbiz award and post the URL/Brand name.

Regards,

Lee

Oh and so there's no possible way anyone can say im being two-faced about being nominated and showing disgust at the awards, ive just asked that GWW be removed from the nominations list.

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Oh and so there's no possible way anyone can say im being two-faced about being nominated and showing disgust at the awards, ive just asked that GWW be removed from the nominations list.

Regards,

Lee
    , it would have been nice to know what the results were , being nominated is an achievment in itself , congratulations anyway and continued success in the new year!

jim

Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim View Post
    , it would have been nice to know what the results were , being nominated is an achievment in itself , congratulations anyway and continued success in the new year!

jim
    You are correct, being nominated is usually an achievement and normally id be happy to have had GWW nominated however, when companies/boards are nominated because they got the most votes, even when those companies/boards are unknown except to the owners and a handfull of friends, presumably casting hundreds of votes for their own sites, the awards become a joke.

What is the point in participating and winning (or losing) in an award ceremony that has been tainted from the outset? It does nobody any good.

Regards,

Lee

It also looks lik Greenguy + Jim and Medium Pimpin have also asked to have their nominations removed for similar reasons.

Regards,

Lee