Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
2007 is going to be a major year of change for the industry, right now i know of 3 new affiliate programs that are going to be launching, but they are also going to be invite only, based on past performance and ability to deliver traffic and sales, not just traffic.

The unfortunate thing about this in my view, is its taken far to long to happen.

Will definately be good for everyones business though, despite all the bitching thats going to happen as more and more programs consolidate themselves.

Regards,

Lee
Well man, I am not sure that’s such a good idea in the long run, but I really could care less what some of these affiliates programs do. Personally I think most of the problems with these affiliate programs are not the webmasters its the sites/programs themselves. The sites are not performing as well as they used to for most people, so instead of fixing the problem they believe the affiliates are to blame. “AVS all over again” Hell if they get rid of enough affiliates maybe they could say their conversion rations are some of the best around with out changing a thing. That’s a winning plan if you ask me of course they will say different how the want to concentrate on their big sellers, but we all know the big guys need little help from some button pushing office EMP’s. This thank god will probably end in absurdity for them, I just hope I will be around to remind people how some of these programs acted when they try to come crawling back in 5 years.

I think you are right about big changes for the industry for 2007, but the ones I see coming are not really going to be good for many of us. I really just see allot of cock blocking going on, and all this Rep against webmaster crap that would never of happened 5 years ago. Maybe as the original webmasters that created these sites retire, these Reps can be done with it and micro manage their sites out of existence.