View Poll Results: How many sales do you get from the initial traffic burst on a free site?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2

8 40.00%
  • 2-3

3 15.00%
  • 3-4

3 15.00%
  • 5-10

3 15.00%
  • more than 10

1 5.00%
  • more than 15

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Site Poll

Quote Originally Posted by tigermom View Post
    You're missing an 0-1 option there. Seriously, with some FS that first surge of traffic brings clicks but no sales. Something you might want to take into account
    Totally agree here, actually with Lee's post aswell, about the type of 'things' you will sell.

I have found that free sites are a great way to get traffic to a new hub for instance, then if the hub is strong enough you will then see the bookmarks, and then the 'sales' over the next week - 2 weeks with Friday & Saturady nights being the strongest.

Its a slightly longer process but ultimately means you don't have to 'find' that traffic the next time....its already on your real estate.

Also does anyone else find that there are better days than others to give your free sites etc to link lists.

Here's another tip with AVS companies....many of them approve sites when 'that guy' comes in, in the morning. If you submitted your sites at 5pm, you stand a good chance of being his first authorization of the day....BAD!! because you will be added to the 'new sites' list first..... thus by the time he is approving the last 20 sites that were submitted...the ones that will be at the top of their list for the day...you are now pushed maybe to page two.

Just a thought...it helps me...I hope it helps you too.

Dave

(damn, I'm always giving away my secrets )
    Domain inventory sale.

glowlite
    I guess I don't understand the initial question maybe. Within the first 4-6 wks it's almost always 15+ plus. I'm not sure that falls in to the 'initial burst' category.

I also link to them from a few blogs that get crawled daily, that initiates the future SE traffic. Clicks with no sales would be indicative of failed or misleading presell. I don't mean intentionally misleading.

I polled at 15+

Dzinerbear
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. What I was trying to avoid was people reporting how many sales they got 6 months down the road once the site propogated into search engines, etc. I was really only interested in the initial creation of the free site, submission to the traffic hubs, and then, the sales that came in first couple of weeks thereafter as their site was approved. So your information falls into what I was looking for.

Thanks for the information. It's encouraging.

Michael

glowlite
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Michael,

These poll results are exactly what i would have expected to see, thats good, it means that people arent lying.

If everyone was making 3+ sales per free site i would have been very weary of the results.

The simple fact of the matter is as more and more webmasters join the industry, more and more free sites get submitted so the quality of those sites in terms of signups depreciates.

Id say you have a really good base on which to judge your wanting to build free sites in this poll

Regards,

Lee
    I agree about the number of freesites being submitted. By and large the quality of a huge % of freesites simply sucks. The index page is turned into a banner farm for LLs. The 'Enter' link is hard to discern. The contextual presell quite often leaves much to be desired. The freesite content (pics/vids) don't match the tour closely enough which is an immediate disappointment when the prospect clicks thru. etc, etc,etc

So 1 or 2 sales doesn't surprise me. Maybe I just look at the wrong freesites as examples. I dunno? I build all mine for the long-term. To produce long after they have been purged from a LL database or disappear into archive hell.

All said in my humble opinion of course. Results may vary.

glowlite
    There are several LLs where it takes a month to be reviewed Michael. Some are nearly immediate, some are 7-10 days. That's why I said 4-6 wks, that pretty much covers them all.

My information may not be worth a crap, but as I mentioned before, I'll gladly share it.

'Travel At Your Own Risk', LOL

Dzinerbear
    Thanks, I didn't know it took some lists that long to approve galleries. Good to know.

Michael